New billing cycle but still throttled by AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kev001, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Kev001 macrumors newbie

My new cycle started today and normally after 2AM that's when my data goes back to full speed, but still being throttled at .50-.60Mbps on my iPhone 5. Also I used 5.5GBs of LTE last month on my unlimited data plan but that shouldn't matter as this is a new cycle. Anyone else experienced this as well?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try a reset network settings.
    If still slow give them a call.

3. Kev001 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done that, plus the usual turn on and off LTE and data. I'm going to wait and see when it automatically goes back to normal before I call. Besides I bet a rep wont be able to do anything other than say...oh so sorry about that, but it appears that our network is currently under going maintenance...blah blah blah, or tell me that data speeds depends on time and location....

4. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

With .50 Mbps are you able to perform applications like streaming?

5. Kev001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I can, non hd YouTube content loads instantaneous, while hd stuff takes like a 10 sec buffer then it plays. Also my music files on Dropbox pretty much plays the sec I select them. .50 Mbps isn't that bad, before on my iPhone 4 it was throttled at .30mbps consistently and that extra bump in data speed makes video playback much more tolerable.

6. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Thanks. I'm going to be consuming more data because I bid on a new job duty where wifi isn't available. Previously I had access to wifi whenever I wanted. I was never throttled before. We have 4 lines each with unlimited and I've been throttled on my iPhone 5. I'm even contemplating switching to VZW because I feel I shouldn't be throttled. I'm not positive that 'the grass is greener' with VZW. I've been a satisfied AT&T customer for a long time now I'm somewhat in the middle of being satisfied and dis-satisfied.

7. Kev001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Around 7:30PM I got my full data speeds back. Kinda BS how it took this long for it to go back to normal, especially after normal work day hours are over. Can't complain too much though since I still have my unlimited data. Move along...

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Do this above exactly. If you call, they are very good about taking care of it.

9. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Good deal. I just started a new billing period, today, myself. For kicks, I may push it and see if I get throttled. In the past, I rarely exceeded 2gb/month on my unlimited plan.

10. DribbleCastle macrumors regular

DribbleCastle

Same here

I've been throttled for the last few days of my month. This is my first day in the new billing cycle and as of 11AM I'm still being throttled. Pretty shiity if you ask me. I expect a 12AM or 3AM switch back to normal LTE speeds.

Tired of this throttling crap. I hope next month when I'm not showing off and playing around with the LTE speeds as much that I'll be much lower than 5GBs.

FYI. I ended the month at 5.8GB of data.

11. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

change your APN and starting surfing again at full speed

12. alent1234 macrumors 603

its an automated process that does this. something may have happened with their IT and it took a while to rerun that job. happens with me lots of times. some database job will fail and it will take me a few hours to get it fixed