new bin laden tape due out soon

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by gazelleintense, Sep 7, 2007.

1. gazelleintense macrumors regular

gazelleintense

more threats to america...

why have we not found this moron yet???? he needs to be found and killed. :D

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

From CNN.com

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Unless 9to5mac is reporting it, I don't believe. :D

4. gazelleintense thread starter macrumors regular

gazelleintense

he does say if americans wants the war in iraq to stop, we all must convert to islam.

not.

far as we know, he may be dead.... the tapes could of been faked... who really knows?

5. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

That's not what he says. Sure, he says to embrace Islam, but that the reason we haven't won the war is:

My interpretation is IMHO, our thirst for oil is why we are a big bunch of bullies.

6. mahashel macrumors 6502

mahashel

Take 2 cents/gallon of tax revenue and stash it in a fund to be used for the following subsidy programs:

GOV should subsidize heavy investment into emerging renewable-energy technologies. (exotic high-yield solar, wind, biomass, improved fuel-cell)

Then they should subsidize the purchase of electric cars like THESE and see how that affects our oil-driven economy. :D

7. Lau Guest

I think I'll wait for the widescreen version. You always get ripped off getting it as soon as it comes out.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Perhaps because we were chasing the wrong guy Saddam in the wrong country Iraq. BushCo sucks.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I agree- what's the official release date? :D Awesome thread title.

10. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

That was my read, too. We can get the pirated version pretty quickly here. Already found Bourne Ultimatum and Die Hard 4. Is that germane, or OT?

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wait a month and it'll be $200 cheaper...

12. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

threats to America? How many Americans (both civilians and troops) have died as a direct result of terrorism or war since 2001? How many Iraqis (only innocent civilians) have died because of the US Troops bombing the s*** out of the country?

Better still, I want to know how many "Terrorists" have been killed. I think a number for that would be hard to find, as the media will sensationalise any crap given to it by the government.

Do you actually know what bin Laden has done? Why do you want the man dead?

I suspect killing him would do nothing. If Al Qaeda has a political structure anything like America's, bin Laden will be replaced by another man, who could potentially be worse than bin Laden. You can't get rid of terrorists from the top down; there has to be major change before terrorism is gone. And that doesn't mean bombing countries; if I were a terrorist, that'd just get me even more p***ed at America.

I want one :D

Yeah, but ObL will give us a $100 rebate for early adopters :p

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm surprised, with all the time we're giving him, that he's not releasing it on HD and Blu-Ray.

14. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'm probably stating the obvious but if people didn't get excited and salivate every time a new Bin laden video was released or *rumoured* to be released, then he wouldn't be such a problem. He'd immediately lose a lot of his power and influence if the tapes were never shown again. But I suppose you have to weight that up with what's entertaining.

15. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Actually he teamed up with Apple to offer it exclusively on iTunes.

Corrected ;)

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He doesn't have to do anything. We're perfectly capable of screwing ourselves up thankyouverymuch. Wondering if that wasn't Bush's plan all along, he's done such a spectacular job of it.

I doubt it will have the same effect it once did. Used to scared us. Now it just reminds us that Bush still hasn't caught him because we've been too busy in Iraq. How sad is it that we've become angrier at our own leader's response to him (or lack thereof) than to the perpetrator himself. Just another of a long line of balls this administration has dropped.

17. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Al Jazeera

Is that a message to the awaiting sleeper cells?

:apple:

18. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Why dont you go join the army then, maybe you can give them a hand to find him (if he exists at all). Be a hero, Bush would be so proud of you!

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Am I the only one who found this whole thing amusing? They hate western culture, but they released a short preview, stating the entire thing would be released on 9/11, then eventually, the entire thing leaked out onto the internet before release date. Doesn't this sound a bit like what happens here with movies? The only thing they were missing was the myspace page to go with it :D

20. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I thought that we had to wait for two months for this deep of a discount! ;) :p :D

21. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I think this film will be a hit on youtube. Anyways, how was it distributed?

22. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I really thought the guy was dead; I'm trying to figure out how this tape could've been fabricated.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's it! You're brilliant!!

See, here's how this is gonna work:

1. Bush has the CIA leak false evidence that the video was released early by bootleggers based out of China. We tell them that these Chinese pirates are making a fortune selling this thing, and that the Chinese government just looks the other way.
    2. OBL gets pissed at the infidel Chinese entrepreneurs and the Chinese government and declares war on them.
    3. We blow up some meaningless, empty building in Beijing and tell the Chinese that our intelligence indicates that OBL did it.
    4. The Chinese sent a million troops to the middle east to fight terrorism.
    5. We're off the hook.

24. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

What would I do if I captured Bin Laden? I'd drug him with sodium pentithol and then take him to one of those spas that do the full body wax. :p

25. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

I thought you were gonna say u'd make love to him :eek: