Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrtravel123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Ok, so I JUST saw this price on a new black MB with Leopard, etc. I called the company and indeed it is the price they are selling it for this price with these specs. They say they don't overcharge you for the extra RAM (that they install)... and that's why their price is $700 lower than the Apple website.

Black MB Price: $1,649 for 2.2GHz, 4GB, 160GB, etc.

Seems too good to be true. It's basically buying the 2GB version on the Apple website... and getting and extra 2GB for free.

Too bad I just bought a new MB 4 months ago. I don't want to buy another one until the next major update... sometime next year I suppose.

http://www.expercom.com/product_detail.html?PRODUCT_ID=483571

p.s. First time customers must order over the phone apparently. Oh, and sorry if I broke any rules by posting this. Maybe you're not supposed to post this type of thing. If so... my bad.

JonboyDC

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
As a general rule of thumb, it never makes sense to purchase extra memory from Apple. You can always get it on the open market at a better price after the fact, and Apple's products are so well-designed that even a non-tech klutz like myself can install it.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I'd wait until Amazon has the new ones, then grab one for $1399 from there and then spend $150 to get a third-party 4 GB kit. Spend the two minutes installing it yourself, and save another $100...and have an extra 2 GB of RAM laying around. (Probably best to keep it to aid in troublshooting diagnosis and warranty issues, but you could use it in another machine or sell it if you really want.)

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
You can't beat that price with a stick. Sucks you have to place your first order over the phone though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.