New Black Panther Party leader: Vote for Trump, Democrat party does not properly support black folks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Herdfan macrumors 6502

it will not take a large percentage of the black vote to switch to really change the electorate. The black vote has been in lock step for the Dems for 50 years and what has it gotten them Not much. Maybe they think the other party really will help them.

2. 1458279 Suspended

The people that get the attention are the swing voters in swing states. Notice how CA, NY and TX really don't get much attention? They don't get attention because they aren't swing states. If CA and NY alone became swing states, the whole process would change.

The problem with a stuck voting block is that BOTH sides know how they are going to vote, so BOTH sides can ignore them.

Just as much as black voters say "what are they going to do for us" the parties can say the same. They get nothing from either side BECAUSE their vote is already known. There's no reason for any party to ever do anything for black voters because black voters vote the same way every time. If they changed their vote just ONCE, they would get more attention than they know what to do with, yet they don't and continue to get NOTHING.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Don't you just love it when people try to tell other demographics how they should vote?

4. 1458279 Suspended

Don't you just love it when a demographic sits in the mud for a 1/2 century trying the same thing and getting the same results?

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

True. But I guess we can say the same about poor white southerns who keep voting republican.

6. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Yeah, the uneducated white working class have been voting Republican for the last 50 years and where has it gotten them?

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

How about the original Black Panther Party? Didn't they disassociate themselves from the New one back in the late-80s?

8. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I would rather be poor in the south than poor in Detroit or Chicago.

9. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Haven't we seen over the bulk of the last 50 years that things directly associated with political party have to do with prosperity? Is this truly a "black" issue when I've dealt with many black coworkers who were very competent, professional people no less than the white coworkers I'd dealt with?

How come there aren't Asian coworkers? There are but for some reason it's always black or white as if other variations of skin color don't exist, which means those other colors should feel even more insulted as if the MSM and PC tally-ups treat them as if they don't exist? Unless it's from Star Trek from like 50 years ago back when the show was actually good...

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

How about New Jersey, they're not doing that much better than Detroit or Chicago...

12. Herdfan macrumors 6502

You mean like the "van drivers" who take the old people to the polling places in S. Florida and tell them how to vote.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

White neighborhood or black?

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why?

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Bingo. There seem to be other factors other than race, especially when everyone knows the faction that needs welfare the most coincidentally happen to be whites in Southern states.

http://aattp.org/ts-official-white-...e-biggest-food-stamp-moochers-in-the-country/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/28/food-stamp-demographics_n_6771938.html

etc

Which still pales compared to corporate welfare:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/government-subsidies-corporations_n_1912835.html

http://usuncut.com/class-war/10-corporate-welfare-programs-that-will-make-your-blood-boil/

http://www.cato.org/publications/po...w-federal-government-subsidizes-us-businesses

etc

16. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

McCain had 4% of the black vote.

Romney had 6% of the black vote.

I think that Trump could hit 20%, which would be a landslide win against Hildebeast.

17. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Trump would be lucky to get 2% of the black vote.

18. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Let me rephrase a bit. Rural South.

Would you walk through the poorest neighborhoods in Chicago or Detroit? I wouldn't. But I would walk though a poor rural black neighborhood in SC, GA, AL,MS or LA and not worry one bit and might even meet a few nice folks. Look at the floods in LA. Black and whites working together with no agenda other than helping a neighbor. I can't see blacks or whites going into each others neighborhoods in either city to help the others.

19. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The poor ones and all who live in them, I doubt skin color is the only qualifier as to what makes a person incapable of earning a reasonable living?

20. Herdfan macrumors 6502

It is not even in the top 10 reasons that make a person incapable of getting and holding a job.

21. 1458279 Suspended

Did we see them having riots in the streets? I'm actually ok with someone that's ok with living in poverty. There's nothing wrong with poverty itself if you have food and shelter as long as YOU are ok with it.

I have no problem with someone that lives on < 20K/yr as long as they want that. It's when they don't want that, that's when it's a problem. When they blame others or have been repressed. Not all of us chase money, that's fine.

I don't see them rioting in the streets burning things down because they feel they're entitled or repressed.

Freedom and liberty includes the right to be poor if you want to.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We are talking about desirable living locations correct? Statistically speaking you are better off living in a poor white neighborhood than a poor black one.

23. 1458279 Suspended

They aren't burning down their own cities, so I'd say it's done ok with them.

24. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

He used to be a Democrat, so I think that would help him to be honest. That and the hot wife.