new bumper....u mirin?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Nov 20, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

$30 from apple...i want to look for an apple brand one (only because i like the material, grip + doesn't stick to pockets) online for cheaper but i heard the previous models had some issues...how can i tell which one i'm getting? or do they appear the exact same

[​IMG]

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Some have reported that the apple bumper scratches the metal antenna band.

If your concerned then use some strips like the ones from lucky labs.

3. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

ehh i don't care, it can't be that bad. as long as the face and back are fine.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Fine by me dude.

5. ijohnbro macrumors regular

some report it doesn't protect the front and the back of the phone also. It looks like a bowl of sherbert though mmm

6. wordoflife, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011

wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The bumpers are the same OP. Try to find a VZW/CDMA bumper since they have the greatest compatibility between iPhone 4 and 4S.

7. urkel macrumors 68030

Even though you can buy knock offs, I bought the original because it will be covered under the AppleCare warranty (if you got it). So if somehow it breaks or gets ruined then Genius Bar will simply replace it.

8. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

No they're all not

9. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If its raised higher than the screen and back the how can it not

10. ijohnbro macrumors regular

A big difference in protected and non protected here

Attached Files:

11. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

this is not relevant to the thread.

in that case here is even better protection

[​IMG]

12. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

That is one of the ugliest cases i have ever seen, i mean only a construction worker or something would buy that, whats the point of having an iphone if u are going to put it in THAT thing :p

13. daaneel macrumors regular

Sir.. I belive if you are looking for ultimate protection and superior ergonomic features I 100% reccomend this case.

[​IMG]

14. ijohnbro macrumors regular

15. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

16. RyanG macrumors 6502

wtf that thing is hideous

17. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

WTF!!

Has to be some kind of a joke. :eek:

18. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Yes it does and leaves the band looking pretty bad IMO.

19. psonice macrumors 6502a

The scratching on the band happens with some cases too. My 4 ended up with lots of scratches/polished bits around the corners, and that was in a case (good quality/brand, plastic back, rubberised surround, forget the name but most of them are similar). What causes it: you get tiny bits of 'stuff' from your pocket or wherever, and they get inside the case. Then the case moves just very slightly against the phone, and it basically rubs the tiny little bits of stuff into the metal band, polishing or scratching it. It happens slow, but it does happen.

To avoid that this time round, I'm thinking there's 2 options:

1. A band, but regularly take it off and wash the crap out.

2. A case that has some kind of felt material inside. I found my iPhone 4 case trapped a little dust at the back, which scratched the glass on the back of the phone. After that I cut some thin screen-polishing cloth to shape and fitted that into the case, which stopped it scratching completely.

Anyone know a case with some kind of soft fabric type material (NOT silicon or any kind of rubber) inside? Otherwise I'll go for the bumper.

20. ryanstewart macrumors member

iPhone 4s + Full body Zagg InvisibleSHIELD + AppleCare + = IMO the perfect iPhone. Obviously the bumper isn't going to protect as much as some of the brick cases that have been shown, but it still allows me to drop my iPhone on a regular basis (which sadly, I somehow do), and with AppleCare+ (a no-brainer), even if something were to happen and my iPhone were to break, getting a new one just means $50 and a drive to the Apple Store, rather than out $850 plus tax.

The full body InvisibleSHIELD not only protects the front and back but sides took, meaning that if the Apple iPhone Bumper does scratch the sides, it won't with the Zagg! This set up works really great for me, and keeps the iPhone as small and convenient as possible while offering me as much protection as necessary considering the fact that I have two new iPhones waiting for me for $50/piece if something crazy does happen.