New Celebrity Switch Ads

JakeWalker

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2002
30
0
Boston
I saw a new ad last night

With some young, hip, straight-out-of-Sopranos network engineer or network administrator, which isn't on the site. It was on Law & Order or West Wing, or something.

Also -- Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO always features an Apple when they use a computer on set. I'm waiting for it to become a plot point...
 

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
621
0
THese commercials are very, very understated (with the possible exception of Richard "Show me the Rain" Ziskin). I think they will give people some seriours pause. You know that some people will be wondering, "Am I missing out on something here?" To which I say, "Oh, yes".

And by the way, can I just say how cool i think iCal is? After using it for a while and actually subscribing to an NBA calendar, i think it is awesome.
 

djniche

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2002
175
0
DC
I saw the unmbrella ad yesterday on TV and it made me laugh and i think it is going to grab attention. But I'm still waiting for ads that show what an imac/ powermac can do. I'd like to see ads showing a movie edited in imovie or burning a cd in itunes. Showing what ical, isync, sherlock can do. How the mac can be seen as any other PC in a network.

I remember seeing the ipod ad of the guy continung to listen to his music from his ibook. That's what we need to see. All macs in action and how easy and great they work.
 

nero007

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2002
109
0
I wonder if that guy who fought the Tony Hawk Ad is kicking himself right now? :D

Great to see more of these Ads. Only problem I have with them, is I NEVER SEE THEM ON TV!!! Put them on more Apple! They're great! Even IBM ripped off the idea. And poorly at that. Has anyone seen IBM's "real people take 1" ad's? Talk about crap.
 

Matthé

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2001
75
0
Q-bert

do they expect us to believe he boots up in os x to make music?
I don't think so

nice ads nonetheless
 

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
17,892
1,466
Palookaville
Originally posted by nero007
I wonder if that guy who fought the Tony Hawk Ad is kicking himself right now?
You talkin' to me?

Yes, I'm one of the people who thought this ad looked phony when it first appeared a few days ago. I was wrong -- and I admit it, but I'm not "kicking myself." Okay?

I'm still surprised by the reality this ad, because it isn't a "switch" ad at all. Hasn't Apple just changed the focus of this campaign? Am I the only one who is surprised, or just the only one who noticed?
 

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
2,307
0
Greensboro, NC
Qbert is still my favorite of the Celeb ads. He's got alot of energy just jumping off of him.

My new favorite ad is Gianni Jacklone. Nothin' like a little NY flava. In your face, extremely young, intelligent, brash, arrogant, and completely on target. I've lived in the south all my life, but I can still appreciate that. Even if the guy can't pronounce his own first name correctly.
 

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
1,639
218
New Zealand
Originally posted by sparkleytone
My new favorite ad is Gianni Jacklone. Nothin' like a little NY flava. In your face, extremely young, intelligent, brash, arrogant, and completely on target. I've lived in the south all my life, but I can still appreciate that. Even if the guy can't pronounce his own first name correctly.
I went and watched it and it was pretty damn good. Fabiolas ad would be better if she didn't start freakin... with the I cut things up I blah blah blah... I think she's kinda cute.
 

makkystyle

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2002
209
0
Anyone else having trouble getting the new ads to show up? All of the older ones come-up no problem... only the newer ones don't. Page says it is done loading. Is this only a server problem i.e. too many people trying to access them?
 

dajay

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2002
2
0
superdrives in tiBook?

have you read the kelly slater email? the part where it goes:

"Can it get any better? Then they put the CD burner in it, and that was about it for me. And the DVD burner, and it’s got everything I need."

hmm, are we getting superdrives in the powerbooks?
 

etoiles

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2002
826
4
Where the air is crisp
Re: superdrives in tiBook?

Originally posted by dajay
have you read the kelly slater email? the part where it goes:

"Can it get any better? Then they put the CD burner in it, and that was about it for me. And the DVD burner, and it’s got everything I need."

hmm, are we getting superdrives in the powerbooks?
he was probably referring to an external drive...
 

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
2,045
0
Salt Lake City, UT
Re: I saw a new ad last night

Originally posted by JakeWalker
With some young, hip, straight-out-of-Sopranos network engineer or network administrator, which isn't on the site. It was on Law & Order or West Wing, or something.

Also -- Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO always features an Apple when they use a computer on set. I'm waiting for it to become a plot point...
I saw that too. It was during Law and Order and I thought that that wasn't on the site. Thanks for reassuring me that I'm not going crazy. :eek:

As for the new ads, I like them and think that they are taking the switch program in the right direction.

Too bad Bela Fleck wasn't on the site...:(

P-Worm
 

Codemonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2002
280
0
Edmonton
Re: Re: Arbitrary listing of ads?

Originally posted by P-Worm


I think that they are doing that to put the most well done or well liked on top. But what do I know?:confused:

P-Worm
Or maybe it's inversely proportionate? The most popular ones at the bottom, least popular up top? Much like how milk and bread are at the back in opposite corners of a supermarket?

Just another thought (it sounds like you probably hit the nail on the head tho).
 

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2002
350
0
houston
well that explains that...i THOUGHT that jacklone ad was new. I would have remembered it..hes kinda scary. the entire quasi mafioso pimp from brooklyn thing just struck me as odd...but guess they are saying EVERYONE can use a mac.

gotta say i like the slater add though. and im suprised that Qbert would actually use his mac for scratching and stuff...oh and fabiola's add...whats with the hands, at first i was expecting her to be like a sign language teacher.
 

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
757
0
Notre Dame
Originally posted by medea
ah old news, I already posted this is the current events.
heh, I beat macrumors.....
Yeah, well don't feel too proud of urself, i beat u to it. i posed it in general discussion before u did:cool: here
 

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
2,307
0
Greensboro, NC
Originally posted by uhlawboi80
well that explains that...i THOUGHT that jacklone ad was new. I would have remembered it..hes kinda scary. the entire quasi mafioso pimp from brooklyn thing just struck me as odd...but guess they are saying EVERYONE can use a mac.
i really dont think its meant to be along those lines...if you listen to what he says, he obviously knows much more about computers in general then your avg MR poster. unix for 7 yrs. that speaks for itself if you are familiar with the way *NIX OS's worked before OS X.