New cinema display with the same thiness as the new iMac coming soon?

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
So

Fun facts. the new imac weighs less then the cinema display. Go figure.
They didnt adjust the height so it will perfectly match up to the height of the cinema display :/

Do you guys think we will see a an upgraded thunderbolt display with the same thickness as the new iMac?

Sep 10, 2012
I was wondering the same thing.

I am considering a Mini over an iMac but I'll not consider an Apple display at present as they are dated with USB 2 ports etc.

I am thinking they may update them around the time of the new iMac release?

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
I sure hope so...that's one thing I was really excited about out of the iMac announcement, is the prospect of an updated cinema display in that form factor, would be a thing of beauty! Might start saving up for a 15" rMBP to go with it, haha.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
would be nice if the updated thunderbolt display actually matches the height of the imac .. so if you wanna run mutiple screens with an imac it would match up

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
New Jersey
I would love to see the Apple release a 21.5" Thunderbolt/Cinema Display (whatever its called these days), as well as a 27". It would also be great if they could design the display to be the same height as the iMacs, or at least have the screen the same height as either iMac screen. That way, if someone is to purchase an additional display, they line up seamlessly. I doubt this will ever happen though.

----------

would be nice if the updated thunderbolt display actually matches the height of the imac .. so if you wanna run mutiple screens with an imac it would match up
amen brotha!

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
California, United States
I think they will release it along with the new Mac Pro
Yes, it certainly would be the perfect time to refresh the display.

I would love to see the Apple release a 21.5" Thunderbolt/Cinema Display (whatever its called these days), as well as a 27".
This! I even emailed Tim Cook about it just to get it off my chest. :eek: Really wish they made a 21.5" TBD, height matched and all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.