New Details emerge in allegations against Cain

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Nov 4, 2011.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I didn't see anyone discussing this debacle, so here's the most recent info.

I added the Bold to highlight what I found interesting.

Instant reaction from the right was that this was the liberal media, but now, they are all blaming Perry, or Romney, or the boogeyman. I'm sorry, but if you are poor, and you have to "blame yourself," then why don't you have to "blame yourself" when you harrass women and get caught?

Anyone see Coulter's comments? "Our blacks are better than theirs."

How on earth could the Cain campaign have the Politico story for 10 days before they confronted him or printed the story, and his campaign not have a prepared answer or plan of responding? That's just a really poorly run campaign.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ah- wonder when Cain will drop out of the race?

3. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Depends which way this goes. If its true it'll come out, if not it won't.

And I was just getting over weinergate lol

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well the longer he stays in the better chance that Rodmey will not win. He will take votes from the guy and give them to someone else when he drops out.

Rodmey is the most electiable person the GOP is putting up so really we want anyone else but him to win the GOP primary. The crazier the better.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This is true.

6. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

I never thought Cain had a shot to win anyways. If he does win then Obama will be re-elected. Cain is an awful debater.

7. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

It might be true, but it's not a good thing. I'd like to see Romney win the nomination for the fact that he is the most electable person the GOP has this time around. Why? Because I think we need a good election that creates a lot of good debate about what we need to do to get things going again in our country.

Wishing that some odd-duck with no chance of ever getting elected wins the nomination just so Obama can sail free to victory without having to answer to any of our concerns is not a good thing in my opinion.

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Big new public accusation http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/07/accuser-details-lewd-behavior-by-cain/?hp

Stick a fork in him, he's done. ;)

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

In theory yes but the problem is god help us if the GOP gains control over the white house. They will do what ever they can do screw us over. Debt will go up and even more services will be cut.

Oh and taxes will be cut again for the rich from already record lows to even lower.

I am scared for us if the GOP some how gains control over all 3 branches.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly- the US will be sunk.

11. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I know sex abuse allegations against politicians always seem to be true, but I'm not going to believe anything until there is real evidence.

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I really wish one politician would come out when caught and say "So what, I could not keep it in my pants. I still am able to my job and it does not effect my job" which often is true. It is there personal lives not professional one where they have trouble keeping it in their pants.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The fact that camera chaser Gloria Allred has taken the case I'm inclined to think he is innocent now.

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

This is true, but when the candidate is running on a platform of "moral values" as most republican candidates do then it does open up questions about their competency to do the job.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

There's a bit of a difference between not keeping it in your pants and harassing women for sex. It ceases being his personal life when he is sexually harassing women.

I'd be inclined to agree if there weren't evidence of paying off two women and two others who have come forward. His handling of this clearly shows he is not qualified to be president.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Anybody who thinks any politician running on "family values" actually adheres to those values himself is a fool.

17. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Was not referring directly to Cain in this case. Sexual harassment is a problem and crosses line.

I missed the abuse part when I responded but I was thinking about other cases that were not abuses, like getting caught having an affair, getting blow jobs in the office ect and then proceeding to deny it.

18. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Yes, the difference being if a Democrat does something legal, but unsavory, it's an impeachable offense, while a Republican running for President loses no support despite allegations of criminal sexual assault.

19. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Hasn't it been decided that Cain's campaign is "Performance Art"? He was never a viable candidate...I don't know why anyone is taking him remotely seriously.

20. MacNut, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would love to hear him give a state of the union address. Would be worth watching then.
    There is no law about getting blowies in the oval office. The issue comes when you lie under oath about getting blowies in the oval office. As far as I know there has not been a grand jury about Cain yet.

Didn't Clinton has his own sex scandals when running for president? Ah yes, here it is.

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Wasn't there some gop governor who got found out he was cheating on his wife then resigned.

22. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Mark Sanford of South Carolina/Argentina. But there was no resignation. Nor was there any serious attempt at impeachment. (It was so close to the end of his final term that there really was no point. And there was even less of a chance a Democrat would take the governorship).

23. rdowns, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

"I don't even know this woman"- H. Cain on Sharon Bialek

Oops…

Source? Wait for it…

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/0...lled-bialek-determined-and-a-little-agitated/

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I feel the exact opposite. The latest women in question has a very detailed list of events. And people she told back then. There are rumors of a fifth women now. How many do you need before you believe it?

You don't see any other candidate being accused of these things. And it's not like these ladies all had a crystal ball that they knew Cain would run for office someday. So then you have to ask yourself, why did so many women complain about this guy in that time period? Women who didn't even know each other.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

25. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Exactly how does the fact that Allred, an admittedly high-profile and controversial litigator, is now representing one of the claimants remove any credence to the allegations against Cain? Or is it you just don't like Allred?