New "earpods" and iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GeorgieAcevedo, Sep 13, 2012.

1. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

If I see someone with a iPhone 4/4S and the new earpods I will have a quick laugh.

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Why?

Haven't actually used a pair, but if they're comfortable and sound better than the old model headphones, $30 isn't an awful investment.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Agreed, I'm considering getting a pair for my self. The current headphones do not stay in my ears at all, I'm hoping Earpods fix that.

4. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

If the reviews are good, I might be some for my Galaxy Note.

5. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

Doubt that will happen - doesn't sound like you get out much.

6. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Interested to see how much better they are than the crappy white ones they pack in now.

7. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

The new headphones are actually one of the things I am the most excited about trying when I get my iPhone 5. Obviously they won't sound as good as my B&W C5s, but I'm curious to see how they compare in sound to the old ones, and how comfortable they are. I love the new design. It looks slick.

8. Charcoalwerks macrumors regular

Charcoalwerks

Jeez I don't think I'm interested in them anymore.

9. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

They couldn't possibly be worse. I've always wondered why iPods and iPhones, which must be some of the best portable music players in the world, come with a set of the worst headphones ever made. And I really hope they stop using that sticky half-cured rubber on the cord - it takes forever to untangle.

I'm keen to try the new ones, but I'll definitely stick with my Munitio 9mm beauties.

Attached Files:

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If someone I know that has an iPhone 4 or any other Apple device askes me for mine they can have them. So whay would you laugh at them?:confused:

11. GeorgieAcevedo thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Those things are shiny! 14k ? 24k maybe ?

12. MacPod macrumors member

I have them, and I'm using them on my 4S. What of it?

13. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

If they will stay in my ear I would give it a shot and I own an IPhone 4 :D, your phone is just like mines except just a little bit taller :D

14. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

That's the thing. They are $30. There is no way they are going to be quality. Apple has never given anything away. Looking at their lightning adapter. Its $30 alone FFS. I don't have high hopes for these new earbuds at all.

15. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

It just says 'Deep Gold Titanium Coating' (whatever that is) on the box. But yes, they're shiny, and they sound every bit as good as they look.

16. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

so anymore reviews on these?
    target walmart going to be selling these?

17. Cougarcat macrumors 604

The reviews I've found are all over the place, sometimes saying exact opposite things. Techradar and Gizmodo hated them, Wired and iLounge loved them.

18. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Gizmodo did a review on them. Sound better than the OG earphones but still fit like crap and fall out.

http://gizmodo.com/5943222/apple-earpods-review-less-terrible-still-garbage?tag=lightning-review

19. MacPod macrumors member

In terms of bundled $29 headphones, they are pretty much perfect if a little bass heavy (not as bad as Beats, but still!). They do sound very good otherwise, and are quite loud (no need for an amp).

They aren't good enough to truly replace any >$100 sets, but given how comfortable and convenient they are, plus the fact that they are included, I think most people will be very well served without having to shell out for better phones, and especially not having to mess around with tips and reseating them while walking around, etc.

I'll use them almost exclusively, and maybe pull out the Grados on occasion (though I haven't done a side-by-side yet, so maybe they are a little worse or a little better than my brief testing has me thinking). But I have no desire for in-ears outside of the house now (while better, my IEMs aren't better enough to be worth the hassle), and at home I prefer cans to in-ears, so although not as good as good IEMs, I think the EarPods have effectively replaced them for me. I do understand that some people will be pickier than I am though.

20. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

21. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Why? What am I missing?