New EarPods? Anyone Got Them?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sammyman, Sep 15, 2012.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I just noticed in the apple store that you could order the new EarPods with shipping in 1-3 business days. Did anyone order one of these separately from the iPhone? I'm curious how well they sound.

I am considering getting a second pair for my wife if they are that great.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

That gizmodo is the only negative review i have seen, for the most part it's been positive

3. kannesss macrumors 6502a

I was thinking about getting them. I use my normal ones for work, and need some new ones. Performances isn't a huge issue as I can't really listen that well all the time.

4. tguilliams macrumors member

Gizmodo crapping all over something in a review? Well, I never! :D

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Your sarcasm doesn't make sense since Gizmodo is known to be Apple fanboys.

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

7. bobright macrumors 601

People actually buy the throwaway in a junk drawer earphones that come with the iPhone/IPods?

8. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Really they are? I thought they didn't like Apple since Apple won't let them back to any of their events. Although to be honest I stopped reading Gizmodo, I think their articles are written poorly.

9. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I purchased a pair Wednesday with my lightning cables and received the EarPods Friday. I must say, I am impressed. I have never been a lover of Apple's past earbuds, but I don't listen to music thru headphones enough to pay for high end solutions. Anyway, the best part of the EarPods in my opinion are the inclusion of the noise canceling mics. They work so well I have been putting these in for my phone calls. Another thing that is really great is that Apple really isn't lying about the EarPods fitting perfectly in the ear. And they don't fall out. After about a minute or two of having them in I don't even feel them any longer, which was a big problem with the earbuds included with the 4S.

I would recommend these to anyone really.

10. M87 macrumors 65816

I find the same. Every time I accidentally read an article about Apple from Gizmodo it reeks of butthurt.

11. LJ50 macrumors member

I have no intention of using the EarPods, so the one and only improvement I can ask of them is to reduce the sound leak.

There seems to be some mysterious correlation between the increasing volume people with Apple earphones listen at, and the descreasing musical merit (in terms of my own tastes of course) of what they listen too. So, on the odd occasion I am on the Tube or train with the family (and therefore don't have my own IEMs in) the trerrible leak from Apple's buds means I have to put up with listening to these people's rubbish too.

I'd be a happy man if Apple had reduced the sound leak. I'm not sure even they can make everyone's musical taste more like mine (and even then, I still shouldn't be able to hear what they are playing!)

12. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Used to be until Apple jailed and raided the Asian guy and banned them from events. Gizmodo pretty much hates Apple now.

13. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

So much hate that their headlining article is titled "How to Make the Switch from Android to iOS". They're still pretty huge Apple fans.

14. matttye macrumors 601

You obviously didn't see the TechRadar review he posted.

Summary:

"There is no value to be found here. Buy something else."

15. Kukulcan macrumors 6502

So if they don't fall out of our ears they are fine?!

The old ones never did for me.

16. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I'll use them. I use the current buds for work and other situations where it just isn't convenient to use my huge over the ear Harman Kardon BT headphones. I don't expect much from a pair of earbuds that I stuff in my pocket when I don't need them.

17. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

That means nothing. Gizmodo still needs to make money.

18. noteple macrumors 65816

My gosh they are $29 tech not $500 ear monitors.

They do a credible job and are big step up from what was provided and in most cases provided for free.

19. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

hmmm for $30 you can get much much better performance from 3rd party sets. Gizmodo have got it right.

If you really need to show off that you have an apple product, well its a non issue, they are still perfect for you. If you want better sound, do not buy them.

20. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

Why such hatred on the apple earphones/earpods?
    Sure it's not the best way to enjoy music, but it's pretty decent. I have no complaint. I use it when I was commuting to school, at the gym and even taking a 22 hour flight (it does hurt a bit though wearing it for 22 hours). But overall, I think it's pretty decent.

It comes with your iPhone/iPod, unless you willingly purchase another set.

21. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Provided for free??? lol

I should be grateful I am getting a free lighting cable and free earpods come 21st.... sorry, I paid for those, and a nice premium also!

For $29, they are still crap ;) Lot of choice in that range with much better sound.

22. racer1441 macrumors 68000

And never trust a Gizmodo Apple review. They are still butthurt about getting black listed.

23. LJ50 macrumors member

Being $30 (or the equivalent of $40 if you live in the UK) doesn't really excuse the poor quality in my view. SoundMagic, Meelectronics and even Sennhesier manage to make significantly better products for that price. No-one is asking for $500 technology, but no doubt they are poor value for money.

I would rather they knocked £25 off the iPhone price and took the earphones out personally.

24. noteple macrumors 65816

Yes I know you would feel much better paying separately for your cable and buds.
    I wonder if you would be the first in line to complain if you had to.

Audio is a subjective thing, one of the main reasons for tone controls.

Don't let Apple or Giz-dodo tell you what to like or hate.
    Check it out for yourself.

If you are happy with it, well job one is done.