New FBI Director: Trump-Russia probe will continue

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, May 12, 2017.

1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi, Oh I mean Russia, Russia, Russia. At least Benghazi was real and not a fairy tail. I loved CNN's head line on TV this morning "Trump obstructing justice by firing Comey". :rolleyes:

4. oneMadRssn, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017

oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

He is, literally, obstructing an active investigation.

On Benghazi, there was: an FBI Investigation, two Senate Committee Investigations, six (6!!!) House Committee Investigations, and a State Department Investigation. That's 10 investigations, all finding nothing.

The GOP-led House spend $7million on their investigations alone. The total cost is in excess of $10million. And NOTHING was found.

I'll be satisfied that the Russia scandal is nothing when there are 10 Investigations costing $10million dollars, and nothing is found.

Until then, Trump is not behaving like a guy who believes he is innocent.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I was pleased with Acting Director's McCabe's testimony before Congress, contradicting many of SL's characterizations. Was it sincere or orchestrated deception? Right now, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

6. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Acting Director, not new. My guess is that he will be fired when a new Director is confirmed.

7. poloponies macrumors 68030

Obstruction of justice means interfering with a person in the role of prosecutor. Doesn't mean the subject matter of the prosecution is confirmed or ironclad, it means that you're interfering with a process. Trump has made some dimwitted statements that would give credence to such a claim.

As for your "fairy tail (sic)", it's an investigation; neither you nor I know what's involved or what evidence they do or don't have, until it concludes, you know nothing.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

But @darksithpro said that it was over! and that that was the TRUTH!! :rolleyes:

BL.

9. zin macrumors 6502

Benghazi was a witch hunt, so is Russia. But there's no way they spent 'in excess' of $10 billion. Source?

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

How will we know what Russia is without an investigation? Congress isn't putting in nearly the same amount of effort nor interest into finding out the truth (whatever it may be) behind that as they did Benghazi.

11. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This is incorrect, we found out plenty from these investigations, including the character of someone like Hillary who was willing to spread untruths to the public and family members of the deceased to throw attention from their ineptitude. She further reinforced this by breaking federal law to avoid FOIA requests and destroying subpoenad evidence. A combination of these character flaws and a complete lack of integrity is what lost an election.

13. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

The investigation is continuing? No way! Really?

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump should divert $30 billion to the investigation and tell them to be thorough.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

Trumps series of tweets is going to make SNL tomorrow night GREAT

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

that would kiss trump goodbye. pull out all his skeletons out of his haunted closet.

17. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Lol! Can't fire everyone, Trump. He has mange to piss the CIA off and now the FBI, and all before the summer holiday. Great job Trump!
    --- Post Merged, May 12, 2017 ---
    Because the republican congress know that Trump was only able to win with the help of the Russians. They know damn well the election was meddled with. The Trump is Putin's boyfriend.

18. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

His twitter account will be on fire.
    --- Post Merged, May 12, 2017 ---
    C'mon, in the era of Trump it's still about Hillary? Anybody else you care to defer to?

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Your proof that's a fairytale (not tail) please. I don't know how you can state that even as grand juries have formed and subpoenas have gone out and Flynn has asked for immunity. All that stuff is pretty severe for it to be merely a fairytale. Just because you wished it was one, does not make it one.

Source that it's a witch hunt? Your proof please. How can you know that when you are not privy to the investigation details?

20. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

those alternative facts again

21. zin macrumors 6502

By that logic nobody knows if Benghazi is a witch hunt because the investigation is still pending.

Numerous people privy to the investigation have stated over the course of months that the FBI has yet to find evidence of collusion. The most recent person to state it is Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat.

22. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Did you seriously think this was going to end the investigation? Nobody thought that. As I stated in your other thread about this, Comey is not some lone wolf investigator interviewing witnesses in some basement all by himself. There are plenty of other people at the FBI who know what he knows and they would all start leaking like a paper boat if some new guy shut down the investigation.

23. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I hadn't noticed that, but now I can't get the image of a fairy swishing its tail out of my head...

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Acting director is in the running to be next 'permanent' director. He's one of 4 being interviewed.

25. zin macrumors 6502

I'd be very surprised if he were nominated. He is currently under investigation by the DOJ Inspector General for DNC contributions to his wife's political campaign, whilst he was responsible for managing resources in the Hillary Clinton email investigation.