New features iPhone 5x

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrcooke, Aug 2, 2013.

1. wrcooke macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Has anyone heard of temperature and barometric sensors in a upcoming release of the iPhone 5x? This would be a fabulous feature. :)

2. Deasnutz macrumors 6502

Why?

3. -iKris- macrumors regular

Perhaps he wants to measure air pressure/temperature.

4. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

5. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Shouldn't be that hard to come up with a way to avoid measuring the phone's innards' tempererature.

6. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I guess the sensor could be hung from a 3" wire! No one would notice, maybe make it longer and use it as a handstrap!:p

7. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

brilliant idea, have you considered applying for a post with Apple?

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Not enough space in the phone to add unneeded sensors.

9. cynics macrumors G4

Barometer is nice for faster lock and more accurate GPS. There are quite a few phones from the competition that have this.

Overall the GPS is pretty good in an iPhone anyway so I doubt we'll see that. The iPhone already has a temp sensor but its for the CPU and obviously isn't going to tell you anything useful. We won't see one for external measurements.

10. wrcooke thread starter macrumors newbie

Not to suggest anything but samsung has weather and barometric pressure sensors in their phone and it works great. I think this would be a super feature. I do not use a data package so to get local temperature like this would be cool. As far as I can see from a web search all phones do heat up when heavily used. Features like this could be only active when needed.

11. veneto macrumors member

I want a waterproof phone. That way I can use it in the shower, the pool, and most importantly, the jacuzzi.:cool:

12. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I have those on the GS4 I got from work and it sucks, it takes about 3 minutes to accurately measure something which defeats it's purpose. And it always shows temperatures that are like 4-8C hotter than it actually is.

I don't know how it "Works great"

13. wrcooke thread starter macrumors newbie

Really!!
    I was looking at one in a store and it seemed to be fine. Perhaps as the temp was constant I did not see the time to read the temp. Will look for that next time and see if this is consistent.

14. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Yes, I chose the S4 at that time because it was the best android device available. However all Gimmicks are BS, I changed it's software to stock android like the Nexus phone and it works great.
    All stuff samsung uses to advertise the phone is BS. The reality is that it's a 1080p beast with 2GB of ram, quad core and expandable storage.