New Formac TV Software

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
Formac released new software today for their firewire DV and DVR boxes.

I just installed and it adds tivo functionality and widescren functionality.

But as usual despite what they say there is still no fullcsreen ability. It crashes every time.

Guess I will be sticking with BTV for now.

heres the link: http://www.formac.com/html/shopformac.html?cid=shop_products_studio_osx

heres what they say:

Watch video and TV in a scalable window. Or choose TV modus for full-screen playback.

Float TiVeRon window above other applications to ensure maximum visibility.

Use easy to access controls to switch channels, adjust volume and to record video. Use pull-down menu for easy channel selection.

Use channel logos for visual identification (download of sample logos provided below)

Eliminate display frame: Adjust opacity of display frame to see only TV/video signal. Integrate TV seamlessly into your desktop environment.Set up TV functionality in a matter of seconds.

Use channel assistant to automatically search and save new channels.

Enter channel name and reference additional logo for easy identification.

Check-mark preferred channels and create individual channel list .

Create you own schedules and record your favorite shows at any time and date!

Remote scheduler: Create a schedule on a remote computer (e.g. office) and launch recordings at your host computer (via internet or network).

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Doc,

Is the Formac device "real" TiVo, or some kind of copy? I mean, can you download the TV listings like the TiVo device does? And do you need to suscribe to a listing service?

I'm kinda interested in this device. Thanks.

Comment

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
there is no subscription... you just pick the channel and time.

you have to know what is on and when and it records a quicktime movie to your hard drive.

Comment

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Quicktime???

It records it in Quicktime? I thought it was recorded in DV. Maybe I should go look at the website again.

Thanks.

Comment

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of getting it, but first I have to convince someone about the benefits of cable TV.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.