Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Croquer.free.fr states Monday or Tuesday Apple will announce 3 new PM models with the top-end being available later this summer.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Hopefully this isn't taken from the same source as the last news, or they actually learned to read the blog...

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I would be surprised if there are new G5s this week, but that is just a feeling. I have no facts to base my musings on :D

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
yoda13 said:
I would be surprised if there are new G5s this week, but that is just a feeling. I have no facts to base my musings on :D

Ok, they say that the top end one will be delayed. Maybe they will hit 3GHz!

So what rumors of 2.2 and 2.6 might be true...

All duals if the current pics are right!

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
If the Power Macs are going to reach 3 GHz, you can sure as hell bet that it won't be announced next week, when Steve could be announcing it himself on stage at the WWDC keynote.

This information leads me to believe that we will see something like 2.6 GHz Power Macs, not lackluster, but certainly not 3 GHz. Apple will not want to announce what could be seen as a "failure" at WWDC, so they will announce them before or after.

If they announce after WWDC, like in July, the entire Mac world would erupt in anger and confusion right after the keynote; so they have to do it before.

My only prediction: If this website is correct, and new Power Macs are released on this Monday or Tuesday, they will not be at 3 GHz. :(

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
I surely doubt that they would release new PM's unless they had something really big and uncalled for planned for WWDC. As nice as that sounds i sure doubt if the PM will be a dual 3.0 that it will be announced next week, that would be big news, since Jobs did predict it, and also with all the problems IBM and other companies are having.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....I think the unofficial concensus seems to be that this coming weeks "big announcement" is more than likely the Itunes Music Store being launched for UK/Europe. we all know that new Powermacs are coming too but I'll bet on WWDC for those (and have my credit ready to be pulled out of it's holster...).....oh yeah!

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
I doubt it would be new G5 PM's as well as to save them for WWDC.. maybe it's the G5 iMac that everyone's been getting stirred up about. And then there's also iTMS Europe. on the way Likewise.. we'll just have to wait and see.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I am in two minds about this one. A speed bumped Powermac G5 is really not that exciting even if it does go to 3GHz. However a new iMac design with the G5 chip would be worthy of a Steve Note. So it is possible the new Powemac's will be released next week. Then Steve can concentrate on the new design stuff at WWDC.

However if the much rumored displays are going to be released at the same time then WWDC does make sense. Anyway I am looking forward to the next month, lots of exciting stuff hopefully.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
As mentioned by someone else in another forum. Macmall has a PM G5 special running until the end of today. The special is for a free upgrade of an additional 1 GB RAM.

Twiddling thumbs waiting for the next to days to come and go... but hopefully with a surprise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.