New Genuine Apple Magsafe + Extension Cord +FS -$54.99 good deal? Mine got fried..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alphadog111, Jan 16, 2011.

1. alphadog111, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

alphadog111 macrumors member

**Sorry I posted this in the Macbook section as well...sorry if I reposted**

My magsafe just got fried which was the square shape tip..I believe this is the older generation magsafe adapter. I know apple is including the new "L" shape tips for all the macbooks now and it seems too be more convenient and does not pop out so much like the square one.. From the Apple Store in NYC the sell the charger alone for $79.99 + Tax = $85.00..which I believe is quite pricey..

I was browsing online and found a lot of the off market ones which I do not want...I did find a few like this one that is selling for $54.99 + Free Shipping with the Apple Extension cord and is Genuine... from the apple store the extension cord itself is $19.99..Let me know what you guys think thank you.

Link :
    http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Infin...ple_Macbook_Magsafe_Charger___Extension_Cable

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

do you have a macbook pro 13" the one you are looking at is a 60 watt adaptor which the macbooks and 13" mbp use. if you own a 15" or 17" then you should be getting an 85 watt adaptor.

back to the site. it has paypal so if you pay with that you should be good because they cover you if anything goes wrong. i wouldnt pay for it however if you dont use paypal.

3. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Maybe call Applecare and explain to them that yours burned up and you are worried about your safety and concerned with future fire hazards. They might replace it for free for you.

4. alphadog111 thread starter macrumors member

Got Cha... I am tempted too buy this one though since the price is really good at $54.99 + the free Apple Extension Cord...I emailed there support and they said it is Genuine and gave me the serial # to verify it with Apple that it is Genuine. Would you buy this?

*Apple charges this for $79.99 for the magsafe alone + $19.99 for extension cord so its almost $100.00!! AHHhh~!!** :D

5. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

doesnt the $80 magsafe come with the extension. its only when you get it from applecare it doesnt

6. alphadog111 thread starter macrumors member

I called Apple they said it is extra for the extension :confused:

7. expergo macrumors regular

The extension comes in the retail box adapter.

8. cjgonzales1900 macrumors regular

Here is a screenshot from the apple store website. it says the extension is included with the one from the store for $79.

Attached Files:

9. alphadog111 thread starter macrumors member

**UPDATE: Just Spoke with Apple Expert Online and its the only one with out the extension**

You are chatting with Tricia P, an Apple Expert
    Hi, my name is Tricia P. Welcome to Apple!
    Hi there! How are you today?
    I the magsafe on the apple store for 79,99 does it include yje extension cord
    No problem! Let me look into that for you.
    Thanks for waiting while I checked on that for you!
    It comes with the standard length cable, not any extension cord.
    whats the standard length cable
    ?
    is it the one built in to the magsafe?
    Yes, that is correct.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

I recently bought one of these 60W magsafe adapters for my MBP13 from this seller on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290508552118

It arrived promptly and was a bestbuy openbox return item; it was complete with extension cord and two-prong adapter, Macbook end is the newer L style.

I am perfectly happy with my purchase. I have no connection to the seller other than being a satisfied buyers.

11. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

Thanks for the link. Just bought one. Hopefully it's as good as the one you received. Should be perfect for the Hengedock.

12. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

I am not 100% sure but I think there are some compatibility issues with the new connector and hengedocks

13. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

My current magsafe (from my mid-2010 MBP) works fine. The Hengedock comes with 3 adapters for the magsafe connector. The "B" adapter works for the 60w "new" magsafe connector. I can take a pic if anyone is interested.

14. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I find the similarities between our names quite humorous. On topic: I would recommend a website called MacBookAdapter. They have amazing customer service. I have bought two magsafe adapters from them. The first one, which I got refurbished died after about 60 days. I emailed the owner of the company. Within 5 minutes, he emailed me back (and this was at like 1 am MST). He said he would send me out a new (refurbished) one as soon as possible. I had to send the old one back.