New Hampshire Recount

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by abijnk, Jan 14, 2008.

1. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I read about this yesterday on Arstechnica.com, but haven't heard too much about it on mainstream news. What do you all think?

Several stories:
    Ars Technica
    MSNBC
    CNN
    FOXNews
    WMUR

The ArsTechnica story addresses the overall idea of e-voting and brings up some interesting points I think. I have been surprised, however, that this hasn't been hounded by the usuals... I was surprised to not even to see a thread about it on here.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If you're going to request a recount, you'd better be willing to pay for it.

3. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

According to most of the articles, Kucinich has already started paying for it. Also, according to the articles, it is New Hampshire law that he has to pay for it.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I heard he made the initial payment of a few thousand dollars, but hasn't yet made a sustained effort to come up with the rest of it.

Also, if Kucinich gets a recount and it shows something actually was fishy with the voting, NH should reimburse him for the money he spent on the recount.