New iMac for sale in town!

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
There is a new iMac for sale here in town. I was driving by teh store and saw it in the window. I almost ran off the road! I'm going to run down there this evening and take a look at it!

I was under the impression that they were hard to find and took forever to get once you ordered one!

Wow, I can't believe they have em here!

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Town?

Is your town Chicago, perchance?

I'm hoping so, but I'm guessing not...

Matthew

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
The chubby little things with colorful hair.

Originally posted by PC > MACs
forget the new imac. my dell can run circles around it and it's much cheaper
Tee-hee.

Trolls are so funny. Chubby little things with the colorful Don King-esque hair. I hear if you rub their belly and make a wish, it will come true.

Oh how I wish I had my very own Troll. Then all of my make dreams would come true.

Matthew

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
This doesn't really fit in here, but since it is regarding new iMacs, and since I bought my off the shelf locally as you folks are looking to do, I will toss it in here. I opened up my new iMac tonight to up the memory to 1 Gig, and found a change in regard to the take-apart Service Source document that was floating around a month or so ago...

At least in the case of MY iMac, there is no thermal compound on the mating surfaces between the motherboard and shell/heatsink. So that saved a good 10 seconds on the upgrade :D

Memory's in, everything tests good.. I swiped the memory from my 800dp (the 168-pin DIMM) and my TiBook (the SO-DIMM), so they are in fact perfectly standard DIMMs for people looking to upgrade. Buy an iMac. They're slick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.