Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatdarnfish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
New York
Ok folks, I've always had my computer in the corner of my desk. I don't know why, but I just prefer it there. However, with my new super-huge 27" screen, the iMac doesn't really seem to fit in the corner pocket like my old 17". I'm thinking about becoming a "center of the desk" person as a result, but I'm reluctant to do so. Where do most people place their new iMac on their desk and why? Thanks in advance...

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa
Corner always looked better to me (and I've always tried to do corner) but with the 27" being so big, I think it's time to switch things up :D

Topher15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
London
I have a corner desk so it has to go there. Only slight problem is I have to slightly turn the Mac a couple of inches to insert a disc. Not really that much of a big deal though. If and when I get a new iMac I'd have to reconsider the setup. I'd probably get a new desk.

iMac.JPG

mtnDewFTW

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
my computer has always been in the middle.
I've actually tried the whole corner thing once, and it just didn't work out for me, it was sort of annoying.

I think you should go with the middle so you could just stare right into that 27" display.
think about it.. it's a REALLY nice display, would you really want it in the corner of your desk?
When you could just stare right into it

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Mine has always been in center...

UNTIL the 27". Just too much screen in front; moved it to the corner and it works much better for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.