new iMac - in corner or center of desk?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by thatdarnfish, Nov 13, 2009.

1. thatdarnfish macrumors regular

Ok folks, I've always had my computer in the corner of my desk. I don't know why, but I just prefer it there. However, with my new super-huge 27" screen, the iMac doesn't really seem to fit in the corner pocket like my old 17". I'm thinking about becoming a "center of the desk" person as a result, but I'm reluctant to do so. Where do most people place their new iMac on their desk and why? Thanks in advance...

2. jcphoenix macrumors member

jcphoenix

Corner always looked better to me (and I've always tried to do corner) but with the 27" being so big, I think it's time to switch things up :D

3. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

I have a corner desk so it has to go there. Only slight problem is I have to slightly turn the Mac a couple of inches to insert a disc. Not really that much of a big deal though. If and when I get a new iMac I'd have to reconsider the setup. I'd probably get a new desk.

[​IMG]

4. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

my computer has always been in the middle.
    I've actually tried the whole corner thing once, and it just didn't work out for me, it was sort of annoying.

I think you should go with the middle so you could just stare right into that 27" display.
    think about it.. it's a REALLY nice display, would you really want it in the corner of your desk?
    When you could just stare right into it

5. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Mine has always been in center...

UNTIL the 27". Just too much screen in front; moved it to the corner and it works much better for me.

6. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I always have the screen centered, with keyboard and mouse in the natural position of the fall of my arms. I've never been able to use a screen off-center. Too much neck and eye strain.

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I like to have computers in corners when I can. I'd say, put it in the corner if you can. But the 27" is getting a bit big for some corners lol...:rolleyes:

8. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Yeah I don't understand why people would prefer that.