New iMac not designed by Apple.

denhur

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2001
doubtfull

seems unlikely that apple can develop, test and munfacture an imac from a sketch like that in 6 months. besides which the sketch resembles the imac and no more.

forget it

Comment

GPTurismo

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2001
Montgomery, AL USA
I agree with denhur. The guy is trying to get his name out there and maybe get some easy money.

A) Apple couldn't created such a solid design so fast
B) There are similarities, but that design idea had been around for years, it just took apple to make it work and make it stylish.
C) It's more propaganda for the PCHeads.

Comment

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Quote:
"The design was logical," he said. "They made a cube and a tower. I was sure they would make something spherical. I know them too well."
If he KNEW they would make somthing spherical, why does he try to take credit when they do? In my view he admits he is lying by saying that.

Comment

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
i don't think he admits hes lying, i just think he hasnt grasped the logic that if he "knew" what they would design, then he was predicting and not designing.

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
who cares?

I'm of the "who cares" group.... about this guy...

Out of the literally thousands of potential iMac2 designs that people have drawn over the years... Apple's can't be similar to any of them?

If this guy thinks he's so special, he should get an industrial design job... else, he can just draw more sketches that he sends out across the web and into the public for all to see... and then get pissed when something comes out that approximates it

arn

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.