Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
The new Airport Utility for iOS doesn't seem to be working right. When I try to connect to my Airpot Extreme it keeps asking the password over and over, as if I was entering the wrong password. I have no issues doing it from my Mac, so it must be a problem with the iOS app.

Anyone else having this problem?

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Works fine for me; kinda impressed with it. 2nd gen here - 5GHz non-dual-band.

Somehow mine started to work. What I was doing at first was opening the App directly from its icon. Then I somehow decided to open it by going to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> [my access point] -> Manage this Network, and it worked. Then I closed the app and opened it directly from its icon and it work.
Not sure what happened there, but I'm no longer complaining.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
I tried from both an iPad and a iPhone and I can't get in either. Tried both from the app and from settings, also tried forget and rejoined the network which had no problem so I know I have the right password. I think we will see an update for the app or the time capsule soon.

Time capsule, about two months old, current generation.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
I had the wrong password all along. I wisely set the file share and wifi passwords the same but the master one was different. These boxes can have up to three passwords.

Once I was in I was fairly impressed, controls are pretty granular. Only thing I couldn't find was the transmit power stuff but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. Found the port forwarding though, needed that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.