New iPad (3rd Gen) wont charge in wall outlet - what to do?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tissie, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Tissie macrumors member

Hi All,

I suddenly have a problem with my ~4 months old Ipad 3.

It will not charge when I put it in the wall outlet (using original cables and charger that came with the iPad). Normally, when I plug it in, it says a "bling" noise, and then a small charging icon appears on the battery indicator in the top right corner.
    Now, nothing happens, as of yesterday.

If I connect the cable from the charger to the USB of my PC it says "does not charge", however, I get the "bling" noise, and it very slowly increases the percentage of the battery indicator (like 2-3% per hour). I am also able to put on/remove contents via iTunes.

Doesnt this seems like it is the "charger head" itself that decided to die?
    And what to do about it?

Any helpfull comments are much appreciated :)

Thanks.

2. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

Apple retail store all the way. Genius bar all the way.

3. Tissie thread starter macrumors member

If they agree it is the charger, it should be exchanged by warranty, right? i.e. at no cost for me?

4. Shamil macrumors newbie

yup.if the charger spoil.u can claim for warranty.

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

This

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Check your cord connections. My iPad stopped charging and it turned out to be a loose connection. Unplug and reconnect all connections and also try another wall outlet. If that doesn't solve the problem then contact Apple.

7. Tissie thread starter macrumors member

Did all this, and no luck.

I'll bring the ipad with charger to my local apple retailer next week, and see what they say.. until then I will charge via my USB. I found this software called Asus AI charger, that increases the current output of the USB port so that the iPad charges normally.

8. max53389 macrumors member

For charging with your pc, the iPad can only charge when the screen is off (locked) and for the wall charger: get a new one or check a new outlet because it seems the cord is working.

9. vsighi macrumors 6502

vsighi

My iPad retina is doing something else...I plug the original charger in the wall and it dose the beep sound but after 6-7 hours is still at 67% charge.? Is this normal, I mean how long an iPad 3 needs for a full wall recharge.?

I mean not to mention that if I touch the charger is hot.:confused:

10. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin