New iPad is in Nashville, but won't deliver until Friday

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WiiDSmoker, Mar 12, 2012.

1. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Ugh. I live in Nashville, and the damn thing is sitting at Fed Ex in Nashville, and they won't deliver it until Friday!! :mad::mad:

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I just wanted to get a reasonable response in here before everyone starts unfairly yelling at you like you're some sort of child.

Don't worry. I understand the frustration of seeing something you can't wait to get your hands on and it's right around the corner from you lol

Keep reading tech news about it, read the reviews as they come out, and participate in the forums here often. The time will fly! :D

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If you turn off everything in your house and sit completely silent, you might be able to actually hear it taunt you.

4. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Bright side: You know you'll get yours on Friday. There are many anxious people awaiting their shipping status to change to something more reassuring. :)

5. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

To kill some time you should start a thread about it...

6. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Freeze yourself like Cartman did in South Park.

Tony

7. volntitan macrumors 6502

Same here...live in Nashville (Franklin)...let's storm the castle!

8. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

I live in Texas and my iPad is right along side yours.. and has been for two days now. I wish they would ship it to me already! haha.

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I'm actually glad to see this. Mine is in Nashville as well and I was afraid they'd ship a day early which of course I wouldn't be there to sign for it. This is one of those rare times I hope it comes on the actual release date.

10. iPhisch macrumors 6502

grab some bolt cutters, and I'll be down tonight to pick mine up with ya. at least all of our iPads are keeping each other company while we wait.

11. CTPolley macrumors newbie

Mine is in Nashville too. I'm used to watching its route from china to Wisconsin when I buy an apple product on launch day.

12. Tater Salad macrumors newbie

I will do that. I'm practically useless right now. I'm *in walking distance* of the FedEx facility!

13. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Curious, has anyone called Fed-Ex with their tracking number and asked if they could come pick it up? I know that I've been able to get a package early before by doing this.

I know that all orders have been placed on a future delivery as requested by Apple but you never know.

14. RowdyYates macrumors member

RowdyYates

FWIW, I called FedEx this morning to ask them why my packages were listed as "Adult Signature Required" instead of "Indirect Signature Required". The lady helping me indicated she could not see the packages in their "system" with the tracking numbers I provided even though they show up on the website.

15. Tater Salad macrumors newbie

Someone posted in another thread (I can't remember which one now), that they're locked up in trailers on the FedEx grounds. Only Apple will come by on Thursday to open them up.

16. Basement06 macrumors newbie

Mine's there in Nashville waiting for it's final trip to Tampa. All our iPads are having a trailer party at the FedEx facility for the next few days...iPad Spring Break 2012!!! :p