New iPad owner with a couple of questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snerkler, Apr 25, 2012.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

I don't think that the new iPad screen is quite as good as the iphone 4, there's a slight subtle yellowish tinge to it. Is this normal or is mine faulty? It's fairly subtle but enough to make me notice it straight away, and gets more noticeable if you look at the screen from a slight angle. The greater the angle you look at it from the more yellowing there is.

Also, I'm having trouble syncing photos. I have a designated folders for syncing photos to devices and have never had an issue with my iPhones. I have over 4000 photos to sync in numerous folders. If I try and sync them all in one go they don't all sync, and then I can't get any to sync 2nd time around. The only way I've managed to sync them is to sync 5 folders at a time, which is a bit laborious to say the least. Is this a common issue and is there a way around it?

Finally, when I connect my iPad to iTunes onto my Mac and look at what data's being used, it has the usual at the bottom eg photos, videos, apps etc, but then it has another box saying "other", which has 3.5GB being used? What can this be? I've only just got it and only synced photos, videos, apps, and pdf's so don't understand what else is being used. Also, if I add more photos or videos this "other" usage changes from 0 to several GB :confused:

2. nampramos macrumors 6502

I got mine yesterday and the screen is perfect.

I would say yours is faulty. Ask for a replacement.

3. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

I might to the Apple Store with mine and compare it then.

Here's my build info by the way

Serial number: DY********8T
    Name: iPad 3
    Group1: iPad
    Group2: WiFi
    Generation: 3
    Machine Model: iPad3,1
    Model introduced: 2012
    Production year: 2012
    Production week: 15 (April)
    introduced test: GOED
    CPU speed: 1.0GHz
    Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)
    Screen size: 9 inch
    Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
    Colour: Black
    Capacity: 16GB
    Factory: DY Please tell us where this machine is manufactured.

4. nampramos, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

nampramos macrumors 6502

Where do you get that from?

EDIT:

Serial number: DL********D3
    Name: iPad 3
    Group1: iPad
    Group2: WiFi
    Generation: 3
    Machine Model: iPad3,1
    Model introduced: 2012
    Production year: 2012
    Production week: 5 (February)
    introduced test: GOED
    CPU speed: 1.0GHz
    Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)
    Screen size: 9 inch
    Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
    Colour: White
    Capacity: 64GB
    Factory: DL (China - Foxconn)

5. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Used the link on this thread
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1362769

6. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I've checked 5 other iPads, 4 of them had brilliant screens, 1 had the same brownish tinge to mine, so it would seem the screens are a bit hit and miss. I decided to return mine so went to my local store. To my disbelief the store couldn't exchange it for a new one as apparently are a different company to Apple online, despite it being an official Apple online store :confused:
    So I have to contact apple online and return I this way.

7. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

If you are using photostream it seems to have a problem with folders inside your streaming folder. Or at least mine did put all the pictures into 1 folder and it should work ok.

8. Gary79 macrumors newbie

Gary79

Wait, what? Are you saying you bought it from Apple's online store, and they won't exchange it for a new one at the physical Apple store? Apple's exchange policy clearly states that you can take an item ordered online to one of their physical stores to exchange a defective item.

9. iapplelove macrumors 68030

iapplelove

Our iPads are cousins lol I have one same build week same specs

10. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple store will only swap it for a refurbished one, not a brand new one. As it's only 4 days old I'm not happy having a refurbished one. I spoke to the store again today and they say it's something to do with apple stores stock being separate to the online stock. No sh** Sherlock.

Anyway, I've sent the old one back for a refund, and bought another from the store to save any future hassle. Pretty poor imo. When I phoned the returns dept they didn't even ask why I was sending it back :confused: