Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
i made this video on my iPad, to demonstrate the problems I am having. You can type, the keys are being pressed and they do click. But, some letters do NOT show in the sentence.

What is the deal with my iPad?

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
i made this video on my iPad, to demonstrate the problems I am having. You can type, the keys are being pressed and they do click. But, some letters do NOT show in the sentence.

What is the deal with my iPad?

Do you use a screen protector?

I was having the same issue. It was the screen protector for me. Took it off and now no issues. Check out the thread above about screen protectors and touch issues.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Screen protectors, dirt and cases could interfere with the display registering touch accurately. Have you tried another iPad in a shop to see if the behaviour is just on your iPad?

Best success!

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
Never used a screen protector, or case. This iPad is 8 days old, clean screen and hands too.

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
Since you’re still in the return period that might be the easiest option.

Already did that. This is my 2nd one. This was my first iPad ever, so it’s not going over so well. Only option now is to move on.

Some guys have tried a 3rd exchange and finally received a good one. But the problem will just develop over time.

This issue happens on the 11” and the 12.9” iPad Pro 3rd gen models, and 2nd gen models too. Some people do not even know that they have the problem also. They just think it was a missed typo or something, and not a hardware issue.

There’s a reason apple doesn’t make a screen protector for the new iPad, it can cause this issue immediately. But even without the screen protector, the problem seems to occur! Something has changed in the new ipad and it’s unfortunate.

It is a great device, and I’m trying to just enjoy it, and work through this issue.

I managed to type this entire thing with only about 10 missed letters. So that’s not to bad.

Last edited:

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
I typed this entire sentence from my iPad with no issues. I even looked at the letters as I typed to make sure none dropped. Also this iPad has a screen protector.

I typed this sentence with my Apple Smart Keyboard. No problems either. Your mileage may vary.

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
I typed this entire sentence from my iPad with no issues. I even looked at the letters as I typed to make sure none dropped. Also this iPad has a screen protector.

I typed this sentence with my Apple Smart Keyboard. No problems either. Your mileage may vary.

Mine may be getting better. It doesn’t seem as bad as it was. I’m not sure if it is because I’m learning around the letters that do not appear, or maybe I’m over emphasizing when I type to avoid the issue.

Glad to see someone’s iPad works properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.