New iphone 4 battery usage low/dying fast

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luisafonseca, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Luisafonseca macrumors newbie

I have had my iPhone 4 since July 31st and have been having to charge it every day at night.
    I always close all my apps, have the screen brightness at about 50%, 3g and wifi are mostly off unless they are being used and I googled steps to save battery and followed most if not all of them.
    Today I woke up at 9am, iPhone was charged 100% (it had died last night at 0%) and I did some facebooking, instagram and tumblr but only for like half an hour, and have been texting regularly since about 11am. It is 1pm and my battery is at 60%. Is this normal? Isn't it draining waaay too fast? Is there anything I can do?

Thank you ;)

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

Perfectly normal.

The screen on time is the biggest drainer. If u are texting than the screen is on.

The best test I find to run the battery is to put phone in airplane mode and use wifi and stream 8 hours video on airplane mode.

That way variable factors like poor cell coverage don't come into play.

That's a true run down battery test. Otherwise if u are intermittently touching your phone and u don't realize how much you are using your display and think it a battery problem when the problem is your usage.

3. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

That's good. My wife's iPhone 4 is worse than yours.

4. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

yes. no. use the phone less.

5. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Or just buy a case with a battery, I just bought one from Amazon for 55 dolars with a capacity of about 2400 mAh.

6. Merkie macrumors 68020