New iphone 4 help transfering music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by build, Nov 17, 2011.

1. build macrumors newbie

Hello,

My company have given us all iphone4's and they won't allow us to update to ios 5.

I've plugged it into my mac at home hoping to transfer a few albums onto it but when i drag a song it just bounces back and doesn't transfer. If I check manually manage it says "the iphone "x" is synced with another itunes library" and asks to erase.

We are not allowed to erase our phones as they are running some kind of profile and connect to our exchange server for mail calender.

Is there a way around this? Or can I use a third party software solution to transfer from itunes or mac to my iphone?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's Why Your Company

Gave you the phone....It's actually got lockdown via your employer, messing with the firmware will do one of two things:

1) You lose your job

2) you end up with a brick AND you lose your job.

You will have to buy a phone if you want to use it for leisure purposes, your company admins know what they are doing....:)

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Are you allowed to download apps? If not, forget it. They obviously want you to use the phone for work purposes only. If you can, get something like iFiles. You can drop files (music, photo, videos) to it in iTunes without syncing. You should then be able to play those files one at a time.

4. build thread starter macrumors newbie

We are allowed to download apps at our own cost. And we are allowed to put music on it as long as we own it.

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

In that case, you can just ignore the "iphone "x" is synced with another itunes library" warning. It will only erase the music synced with other libraries (assuming none), not the entire phone.

6. build thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you sure about this? I don't want to loose the profile and work email/cal settings.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Think

I would ask before you do...I certainly would not attempt to jail break it...That's bound to end in tears. But if you are allowed to have your own music on it I'd get clarification from your employer first.....Remember this is corporate property and you don't want to risk your job for a few albums.

Ask them how to proceed, if they say yes go ahead and sync with iTunes then fine....But make sure they know what you are doing first.

8. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Positive, it will only synce the songs. If something bad happens tell them u hooked it up to your pc and fell asleep and all this happened. But I'm for sure it will only sync music

9. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Use CopyTrans Manager.

No need for iTunes to put music on.