New Iphone 4G-No sound in Games? Any way to reset it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pittguy578, Feb 14, 2011.

1. pittguy578 macrumors member

Sounds crazy..I love my new phone. However, I no longer have sound in games. I thought it was just the Angry Birds game, but I tried Poker-no sound. No problem with the sound in general..I can take calls, and the "I am T-Pain App" works fine-the sound comes out with that..I have the ringer on high..no other sounds disabled/muted. I had a Droid before so this is not my first time around the block with a smart phone. I can't seem to figure this out..I have already tried restarting the phone a couple of times.

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The ringer volume is separate than the volume used by apps, games, music, and such. You probably tried this but just to check, bring up the multitasking bar, swipe right twice to get to volume control. Move that control to the right to raise volume.

3. pittguy578 thread starter macrumors member

This really sucks. I did that..Volume on multi-tasking bar is up to the highest it can go. I can get sound through the headphones on the game, but none through the speaker. I did not damage the phone at all. It was just working last night.
    Any idea what can be causing this? It has to be a software issue. The T-Pain app comes loud and clear through the speaker, and I tried the notification system in the settings..all of those sounds play loud and clear.
    Never had this kind of trouble with my Droid..everything was pretty straight and to the point.

4. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

5. pittguy578 thread starter macrumors member

I feel like a total noob..I didn't know there was a mute switch. I didn't even realize I had hit the mute switch..wow..

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Oh wow, I never would have thought of suggesting that, I just assumed.