New iPhone 4S has a brighter area in the middle of the screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by El3ctronics, Oct 18, 2011.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

This is a weird issue and something that I didn't even notice until reading a long email just now. It seems that there is a horizontal portion of the screen that is brighter than the rest of the screen. It's noticeable on white or light backgrounds where you can really see the back light. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there any way it will fix itself or should I bring it back?

2. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Anybody else have this issue or ever heard of it with a previous iPhone!? Any help would be appreciated.

3. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

Any way you can try and take a picture of it?

4. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll take a picture when I get home but I doubt you'll be able to tell from an image. Based on the lack of responses on this thread, I'm guessing nobody else really has this issue.

5. EvoTengoku macrumors newbie

I have the same issue with my 4S. Did you find a fix for it?

6. gerelee macrumors newbie

i had that, was in the middle, most noticeable on the left hand side especially while scrolling through emails .. i returned it to apple and they sent me a new phone. so far i don't see the same problem with the new phone.

7. EvoTengoku macrumors newbie

how long did you have the phone before you returned it?

8. gerelee macrumors newbie

maybe one week or so ... i had to ship it to apple. was a little worried that they would say it was minor and charge me but that didn't happen, they sent me a brand new phone :)