New iPhone 4S receiving all texts at random times?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbkhockey83, May 9, 2012.

1. rbkhockey83 macrumors member

Ok, so I got the 4S the first week of April after having a Droid for 2 years (wasn't able to get the iPhone until it came to Verizon b/c of family plan). I love it and I own Macs, so I know a quite a bit about Apple products and what not. But since the first week I had my phone I noticed that every once in a while I'd get a text from someone that was sent the day before. I think it's progressively gotten worse. For example today no texts were coming in so I knew something was wrong. So I sent some random texts out to see if that triggered all the texts I haven't been receiving to come in, as soon as I sent a text all my texts came in.. like 10 at once that were sent earlier in the day/last night. But sometimes it doesn't work, like I can be texting a friend using iMessage perfectly fine but I'm not receiving any other texts. But I also noticed some of the texts that didn't get delivered were iMessages. I really have no clue what is going on, can anyone help me out? Is this a problem with the phone of verizon?

And it's updated to 5.1.1

2. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

You need to factory reset your iPhone it's a known issue