New iPhone 6 Bluetooth connection problems with Porsche

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stylinexpat, Sep 21, 2014.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

I have a HTC One, Samsung Note 3 and just got the new iPhone 6. The HTC One and Samsung Note 3 connect well with my Porsche but the new iPhone 6 seems to have connection issues and problems holding connections with the Porsche via Bluetooth. Via Bluetooth it is identified as PCM for connection but the two keep searching for each other and take forever to connect. Then the connection is not as solid while this is not the case on the previous smartphones mentioned earlier.

Bluetooth or software problem?

2. golfdude macrumors regular

So far, with my 2014 Acura MDX it does connect with bluetooth and stay connected but I do notice that it does take a good 1-2 mins to connect. With my 5s it took no more than 10 seconds. I think this kind of stuff will get worked out going forward with new IOS 8 releases.

3. joxes macrumors newbie

Issue with iPhone 6 and bluetooth while connecting to car. Confirmed by Apple Tech

I got my iPhone 6 last night. I had an iPhone 5S before running iOs8.

I have 2 cars: 2013 Ford CMAX Energi and a 2014 Porsche Cayenne.

After upgrading to iOS8 on the iPhone 5S, no problem to place and receive calls on the CMAX. But on the Porsche it was a nightmare. The calls started then after two ringtones the call disconnected. I had to remove all the devices on my iPhone 5S bluetooth profile and the same on the Porsche. After the pairing was done I push the home button and on/off button. Then the connection was ok.

Now with the iPhone 6. The nightmare is back.

I was able to pair and connect the iPhone 6 on the CMAX. But as soon as I try to place a call, I hear the first ring, then the call is disconnected. Ford Sync even shows me that I just have one reception bar when in reality I have full reception on the phone. I removed all the devices from the Sync memory.

Now for the Porsche, same issue. I was able to pair the phone. When I try to place a phone call after one ring the call is disconnected.

One the two cars I reseted to Factory setting both Synch system and PCM. Reseted the network settings on the iphone 6. Remove all the bluetooth devices, restored the phone. Then pair again the phone same issue. I checked both Sync and PCM firmware and they have the latest one.

I tried the wife' iPhone 6 same issue...

Based on this troubleshoot and taking under consideration the iPhone 5S with iOS was working it looks like there is an issue with the iPhone 6.

I was just on the phone with an Apple iPhone Tech support guy who elevated the call to one senior support guy. He just told me that there is a known compatibility issue between the bluetooth used on the iPhone 6 and some car navigation/bluetooth.

He told me that the issue is coming from Apple. And a solution "maybe" provided at a later time in a patch.

4. RickNY, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

RickNY macrumors member

Experiencing the same exact issues with Ford SYNC/MFT after clean pairing and master resets. Connection will work for short time - until phone is rebooted for any reason. Then behavior returns. Calls last 4-6 seconds because SYNC thinks the call is ended (but the iPhone 6 continues the call) -- also signal indicator on MFT shows 1 bar regardless of what phone sees.

I had a 5s with iOS8 all throughout the beta period and never had the issue. It appears to be iPhone 6 hardware specific.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Seems like lots of people are having this issue. Did Apple release anything new in iOS8 that changes the bluetooth settings/behavior?

6. RickNY macrumors member

Like I mentioned in my post -- I had been using iOS 8 with my 5s all throughout the beta period, as well as with the GM release, and did not run into the issue with the 5s. It only seems to be an issue with the iPhone 6/6 Plus (which come with iOS 8)

7. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 6502a

I know a chap that has this issue with an iPhone 6 and a VW Golf R mk7. I used to have this issue in Beta 1 and 2 in my VW Golf R MK7, but after reporting Apple fixed it in Beta 3. Unfortunately that was on the iPhone 5S.....

Best to report it to Apple...

8. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

My Porsche is a 2014 Cayman S with latest software update. All other smartphones tried worked perfectly well. This takes a while to connect. At times it would connect and at times not. Calls are not working though.

9. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

10. RyanG macrumors 6502

11. Batman89 macrumors 6502

No problems so far syncing up with my Batmobile.

12. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

Pairs just fine with my Rolls-Royce Phantom and wifey's Bentley Continental GT as well. I would have Apple run a quick diagnostics on it.

13. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

How about some pictures of the two connected..

14. RickNY macrumors member

Someone in another forum indicated that he did a Setup as New iPhone and re paired and it was working properly until he enabled voice and data under LTE settings in Cellular. I haven't tried for myself yet but was wondering if you gave it a shot with just data enabled under LTE

Rick

15. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

FIXED: had this same exact issue pairing my iPhone 6 to my bmw. It paired but wouldn't actually make calls. Go into settings and hit "reset all settings", this fixed the problem right away for me and many other users in another thread. I'm positive it will work for you.

----------

^see solution above.

16. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Mine synced perfectly in car. But after I restored to an earlier setting, I had to delete my phone in the car's list of devices and re-establish the connection.

17. Lopes macrumors 6502

This worked for me, but very temporarily...

Did the "reset all settings" trick last night after noticing that in car bluetooth for phone calls wasn't working. Then I deleted the phone from the car's memory. Repaired the phone. Voila! It worked again and I could hear phone calls through the car bluetooth.

Overnight, I didn't do ANYTHING to the phone except for redoing some settings that were reset. NOTHING related to the bluetooth however...

This morning, it's broken again. No idea why. Phone connects to the car bluetooth, and I can stream audio, but can't stream the phone calls or have a call come in...

18. RickNY macrumors member

I had also done a "Reset All Settings" and "Reset Network Connections" prior to re-pairing my 6 with my F-150 with no joy. I had it working for a few hours yesterday, and then it reverted back to "Call Ended" from the car after 5 seconds of any call, while the phone still maintained the call. Also - no signal bars on car. Somehow or another I think I have it working now -- but I am not sure what combination of things I did got it working.. I ended up doing a master reset of the Ford SYNC system, a restore of the phone "As a new iPhone", followed by a new followed by a new full backup and restore to/from iTunes, reset all settings again, reset network settings again, deleted the car from the restore, and re-paired with success..

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays.. But what a PITA

19. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Oh wow, that's not good. So far so good for me, but it looks like this is something apple will have to patch soon.

20. RickNY macrumors member

Thats what happened to me yesterday as well, only I got it working on Saturday just to have it break again yesterday. See my post above for what I did yesterday to get it going again (albeit I have a feeling it is temporary)

I seemed to run into an issue with it breaking after the phone was rebooted - either hard or soft restart.

21. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you but still not having much luck. I deleted the iPhine 6 from PCM and iPhone and then paired them back up. Difficult to pair up. Once paired up the screen inside the Porsche on the dashboard showed it making a call at around the time I was trying to get them to connect which was at around 1:34 am :mad: even though I did not make a call and my iPhone 6 was not showing me that I was. Asking a call. I had to switch off bluetooth to get the side on the Porsche dashboard to hang up. Something is either wrong with software or actual bluetooth hardware.

22. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

23. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

I'm having trouble with both my VW GTI and my wife's beetle convertible . My radio is broken on mine but able to pair after awhile. But my wife's car is weird, her phone book will not show in her car at all. We both get and receive calls over the Bluetooth but phone books will not show. Not sure how to fix that but my thoughts are its OS8

----------

Reset all settings , will that screw up a bunch of other stuff.

24. mgford11 macrumors member

Definitely broken on both of our Hondas. I can stream via Bluetooth, get contacts after pairing, but the phone can't make or take calls in-car. Really annoying.

25. jasbur17 macrumors newbie

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with similar issues.
    Pairs OK, but when I try to place a call I get an error that no networks are available. But it's not a network issue as I can have full bars and placing a call from the phone works fine.