New iPhone and Photostream

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmoening, Oct 28, 2013.

1. dmoening macrumors newbie

I am in need of some assistance. I just picked up a new iPhone 5C. My old iPhone 4 has 700 pictures in the photostream. My new 5C is only downloading 82 pictures into photostream. Not sure what I am doing wrong here?

I have tried disabling photo stream in settings and re-enabled it and still getting the same results.

Any help?

2. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

It works perfectly on my iPhone 5, but I'm only seeing 150 pictures (out of 400+) on photostream on my PC :confused: . It worked perfectly fine before. I've tried signing out of icloud, deleting pictures, disabling/enabling on my phone, even completely formatting my hard drive. (not because of this particular issue :D)

3. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I think it only downloads the photos taken in the last 30 days. I have over a thousand pics on iPhone and my MacBook's photo stream only downloaded about 60-70 of the latest ones.

4. dmoening thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess my understanding of photostream was incorrect then? I figured it was cloud storage for your photos?

If this is the case, can you explain to me why it shows photos from years past in my photostream on my previous iPhone?

5. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Sorry I can't, I don't quite understand it myself, I remember it was something about sharing the photos from the last 30 days though. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Not quite. It's a method for gathering everything from all of your iOS devices and dumping it into a PC or Mac.

That's really the only safe way to think about it. Yes, it does other things, but that's the only thing you can totally count on.

Syncing among iOS devices is a low priority. It happens as you go, but if you have a new device it doesn't go back and re-download stuff from the past. (But it WOULD do that if you turned it on a computer. You'd get everything downloaded then. Again, that's the primary function of it so it does everything right on desktops and laptops.)