Status
Not open for further replies.

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
United States

New Post:
The iPhone repair experts at iFixyouri have forwarded a nifty new part that has entered their catalog. It could be the back plate for the upcoming new iPhone or one of the early prototypes. We’re told the Chinese parts supplier is a reliable one (not a fly by night) and that they are actually selling these parts (don’t worry, we have one on order).

From what we can see, the part does follow a lot of the rumors and speculation. For instance, you can see the smaller dock connector at the bottom and it appears thinner overall. We’re told that the extra space on the bottom is used by Apple to enhance the speakers which will be louder and of a higher quality than the current iPhone. The supplier says the back plate is one piece anchored by an aluminium alloy (not liquidmetal).

Interestingly, the supplier also told iFixyouri that black and white wouldn’t be the only two colors this year. There were at least two other colors of back plate seen which obviously might not make it into production if these parts are indeed real. Normally we’d scoff at such a notion but these same parts suppliers were the first to deliver the news that the iPad would come in white.

OLD Post:
I was just casually going through my RSS feed and saw 9to5mac posted pictures and a description of the new back. I clicked to view it on there website and the article was taken down but I still have the text saved in Google Reader.

The fine iPhone repair experts at ifixyouri have forwarded us an exciting new entry into their parts database. If what their supplier is telling them is true, what you see below is the first look at the new iPhone that the outside world has seen. The back panel appears to also include the side housing and appears to have a metal or shiny back surface.
Could it be the new iPhone has a Liquidmetal backing? Or is this just more rumors created by ifixyouri so you will visit there site?

Anyone else get the pictures before it was taken off?

Last edited:

TimUSCA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2006
Aiken, SC
I came here looking for this thread... I saw the RSS entry as well, and the post was gone. I'm REALLY hoping someone got a screenshot of this page!

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Nice!

Not sure if I like the black strips at the top and bottom though...

Oh and more colors?!

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
United States
Nice!

Not sure if I like the black strips at the top and bottom though...

Oh and more colors?!
The glass is there for the wireless signals and the aluminum is there so it doesn't smash into a million little pieces like iPhone 4/s. And the more colors thing makes sense... Apple's new logo after the iPad was announced was a rainbow Apple. I assume one of them is red one because of Product Red.

barryl85

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
If this is the new design im definitely not feeling inspired and I can guarantee you someone will start making these to put on your iPhone 4 / 4S in no time !

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
Phones hole on the bottom now?

That looks taller, no?
Looks like it to me. Can't say I'm a fan of it. Maybe Apple insists on keeping their hallmark top and bottom bezels and home button, instead of cutting those down a bit and keeping the phone's size the same. But then again, we haven't seen the screen yet.

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I wonder what the other two colors are, if true. Maybe all silver? Maybe the pebble blue (ala the SIII)? Or a light blue (ala Nokia 900)? Maybe Product RED?

Also, if these are real, I'm glad to see the headphone jack at the bottom, where it ought to be!

And if real, I guess goodbye 30-pin dock connector.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Is the metal on the black phone actually darker or is that just the lighting?
It looks like it's definitely darker for the black one. The metal bands that go around the phone look darker too.

The white one doesn't look that good, but the black is quite nice.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I can live with that design.

Looks semi credible. If that's a fake, someone put some time into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.