New iPhone Design

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xAnthony, Jun 12, 2012.

1. xAnthony, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

With all the talk about the 'leaked' iPhone 5 design, I've been thinking about what Apple could really do with the design of the new phone. The other day I came across a few different renders of possible phones from Yanko Designs. I've come across these two absolutely stunning designs and I thought I'd share them.

The first image is the Facebook phone:

[​IMG]

http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/06/05/omg-i-love-the-blue-facebook-phone/

The second image is the HTC Droid Incredible 3:

[​IMG]

http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/06/08/for-a-change-it’s-htc/

More renders:

The Weather Bureau:
    [​IMG]

http://www.yankodesign.com/2009/08/18/phone-that-shames-the-weather-bureau/

Multiple OS’s on a Smartphone:
    [​IMG]

http://www.yankodesign.com/2010/12/24/multiple-oss-on-a-smartphone/

Samsung Galaxy Skin:
    [​IMG]

http://www.yankodesign.com/2011/07/26/i-just-died-and-went-to-samsung-galaxy-heaven/

Wrap-around Blackberry:
    [​IMG]

http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/02/09/wrap-around-bb/

iPhone Pro:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/04/02/iphone-pro-is-unbelievably-good/

What do you think about these designs compared to the iPhone 5 leaks/rumors? Would you prefer the iPhone 5, or one of these? Looking at something like that HTC render, it puts the iPhone 5 leaks/rumors to shame in my opinion.

What do you all think?

(More pictures available from the links posted under each picture)

2. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Thanks for your input. If you would like no part of this discussion, no need to post.

3. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

I don't think these phone designs will affect Apple's decision.

4. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

These aren't actually REAL phone designs. They are renders made by people. I'm asking if YOU would prefer to see something different, something simple and sleek over the leak/rumors of the iPhone 5 design. If you could change the design of the iPhone 5... Would you want to see something like the above?

5. Indy21 macrumors 6502

The Facebook phone doesn't look half bad on the screen side but I don't care for the back with the silver bar that holds the camera, looks cheap.

The other...meh, I dunno, looks potentially gimmicky. I like straight clean lines opposed to "let's see how akeard we can make the back look to draw attention" approach.

Leaked iPhone 6th gen photos look pretty nice to me, I don't know what the fuss is all about. For 1, we're not 100% sure that's the actual phone until apple tells us and 2, whatever apple releases you'll love anyways.

6. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

I think they're foolish looking, and both look plasticky. Hate on my opinion if you want, but you wanted discussion, so that's my two cents.

7. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I actually kinda like the 6th gen iPhone look. It does look nice. But if you were able to choose any design you could for it... Would you keep that same design or would you choose something different. Feel free to post a picture of something you may prefer.

This thread is just to have fun, and nothing serious.

8. Indy21 macrumors 6502

What doesn't look 'simple' and 'sleek' about the supposedly leaked design?

Personally I think it looks great.

9. Minhimalism, Jun 12, 2012

Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

wow doublepost to the max.. sorry mods! (ignore this one D:)

10. Indy21 macrumors 6502

TBH, I'm typing this on a shattered-screen-held-in-place-with-tape iPhone 3GS.

I skipped the 4 because I wasn't in a financial position to buy another phone lthen the 4s came and I though id just hold off for one more revision since not much changed. Dropped and cracked my screen last Halloween night and I've been waiting nearly a year for a new iPhone.

I'll take whatever comes next, I'm ready, lol.

11. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

It does look good, but I just don't think it looks as sleek as it could. I would much prefer the iPad look to it, but that's just my opinion. I understand with the reception issues that would be near impossible, but it's always nice to dream.

Fair enough. Both renders are actually suppose to be metal backings, but I could see how you got that from the HTC look. Not really sure how the facebook render looks plasticity. Further discussion is always welcomed.

12. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Simple and sleek is always my preference, but hopes of designs like that HTC render make me so happy. I bold, unconventional design.. because when you think about it, unconventional could become the next conventional mainstream (just look at the iPhone 4!) :)

13. pwhitehead macrumors 6502

pwhitehead

I like your concept. I'm worried about with the 4 inch display it will be too bulky in my pockets. The way the 4 is now, its perfect. I really dont like holding my friends google phones, their just too wide and you cant do everything with one hand like you can on the iphone.

14. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

It's very true. I could see a render like the HTC one become reality one day. And it does look amazing.

A quote from the website - "The story behind my concept is that in this version, the Droid Incredible has grown so powerful thanks to its internal components, such as quad-core processors and 4G LTE connectivity, that the hardware cannot ‘restrain’ this power anymore, hence the ‘broken’ back plate and front panel.”

The design almost tells a story... Pretty amazing if you ask me.

15. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

I would choose the FaceBook phone if anything, looks a little wide, but its thin and would be a great social networking phone for a teen or something.

16. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Was the FB phone designed by Kodak?

The HTC is really just an NES game cartridge.

17. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I hope you're kidding.

If you think the HTC render looks like a NES games, I would go to the doctors ASAP about your eye sight... If you don't like the design, that's fine... But I worry about you after an absurd comment like that.

18. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Okay, cool. Metal would look cooler. :cool:

19. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

The HTC mock up would be hell to put in and take out of pockets. For that alone I'd say, 'no thanks.'

On top of that, it just doesn't look like it'd be comfortable to hold and would easily collect dirt with all of the hard angles. Clean and simple is definitely the way to go.

20. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Let me try again. The Facebook Phone looks like a cheap camera. The HTC Incredible 3 looks like garbage made of plastic which collects dust.

21. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

More renders added. I really like the blackberry one.

22. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

You say "simple and sleek over the leak/ rumors," but the rumored design IS simple and sleek while NONE of what you've posted (including the new additions) are.

23. xAnthony, Jun 12, 2012

xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Never said it wasn't. If you read posts of mine from others threads, I've stated multiple times that I like the iPhone 5 leaked/rumored pictures.

Just posting interesting designs. If you don't like them, so be it. You may not think they're sleek, others may.

24. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Simple AND sleek. The "AND" is very important there.