New iPhone Dock Connector (Pic's & Vid's)

Do you think it's a fake?

• Fake

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Real

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

iPusch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
I don't really know if someone posted that already.

Apple Online Store Mini Dock
And for those who want to see pics, here we go.
Pictures :)

I wouldn't say its fake but what do you say guys?
I am quiet satisfied with the design & colors of the converters but I prefer the silver model ;)

And by the way, that would be the first official pic of the next gen iPhone published by Apple Inc. :D isn't it?

Attachments

Last edited:

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
It's about time Apple gets rid of that huge, bulbous, ugly dock connector. Pretty hypocritical of them to cling to it for as long as they did.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I don't really know if someone posted that already.

Apple Online Store Mini Dock
And for those who wants to see pics, here we go.
Pictures :)

I wouldn't say its fake but what do you say guys?
I am quiet satisfied with the design & colors of the converters but I prefer the silver model ;)

And by the way, we also can see what we get in the second half of this year which will be revealed with the new mini dock
iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPad 3 9.7" (Update), iPad 7.x"
That's interesting; I hadn't seen that yet.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
It's fake. It's a too perfect leak. Also notice the smaller iPad in the bigger iPad: Apple will use two separate icons for that. An iPad mini wouldn't be a third generation iPad mini - it would be a first generation iPad mini.

Also, the link he provides (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD594ZM/A) doesn't work. You could argue Apple has taken it offline, but Googling the URL shows that it's fake: Google is quite accurate and would normally have cached the webpage (their search bot works really, really good).

FSMBP

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2009
It's fake. It's a too perfect leak. Also notice the smaller iPad in the bigger iPad: Apple will use two separate icons for that. An iPad mini wouldn't be a third generation iPad mini - it would be a first generation iPad mini.

Also, the link he provides (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD594ZM/A) doesn't work. You could argue Apple has taken it offline, but Googling the URL shows that it's fake: Google is quite accurate and would normally have cached the webpage (their search bot works really, really good).
I agree. And when's the last time someone posted a video just to show a website? Clearly fake. They knew if they posted screenshots it be obvious that it's a mock-up, so they went one step further to video-trickery to make it seem real.

Also, wouldn't that adapter be blocking the speaker & microphone (not saying that makes it fake but does seem odd)?

EDIT: It's supposed to be US version of the Apple site but the UK word "Colour" is used instead of US "Color". Could be a typo on Apple's part, but we already know this is fake.

Attachments

Last edited:

iPusch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
I agree. And when's the last time someone posted a video just to show a website? Clearly fake. They knew if they posted screenshots it be obvious that it's a mock-up, so they went one step further to video-trickery to make it seem real.

Also, wouldn't that adapter be blocking the speaker & microphone (not saying that makes it fake but does seem odd)?
Oh didn't think about that it would block the speaker :rolleyes:

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Notice how LOOOOOONG that iPhone picture is on the compatibility chart, boys.

iPusch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
Notice how LOOOOOONG that iPhone picture is on the compatibility chart, boys.
I didn't really see such a big difference on there but thats only cause there is no iPhone 4S for comparison next to it. I would say the iPod Touch 6G is also in the same screen & body size so its hard to see any difference.

profets

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
I can't imagine they would accidentally leak something like this..

Would it be difficult to fake a video of a webpage like that?

FSMBP

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2009
I can't fake a webpage but some super pros can :cool: so I would say its quiet difficult (for me)
It's supposed to be US version of the Apple site but the UK word "Colour" is used instead of US "Color". Could be a typo on Apple's part, but we already know this is fake.

newyorksole

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
So it just so happens that an unknown blog is the only 1 who stumbled upon this "leak"?

Riiighhtt. They're trying to get their name out there. No one else found this but them.....

Looks SUPER real tho.

iPusch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
So it just so happens that an unknown blog is the only 1 who stumbled upon this "leak"?

Riiighhtt. They're trying to get their name out there. No one else found this but them.....

Looks SUPER real tho.
Yeah kinda suspicious o_O I like the mini dock though, even if its fake

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011

Not saying this is all real, and not faked. Just arguing that it's plausible, and could happen.

Who's to say it's called 'iPad Mini'. It could very well be simply called "iPad" with 7.8" screen.

There are already several rumors that the iPad 3rd gen will get a minor refresh. New dock connector to speed integration, new IGZO display to reduce power consumption and thus battery size and be thinner and it will return to the iPad 2's thickness.

So this falls inline with that. iPad (3rd generation) (late 2012) (7.8" and 9.7")

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Not saying this is all real, and not faked. Just arguing that it's plausible, and could happen.

Who's to say it's called 'iPad Mini'. It could very well be simply called "iPad" with 7.8" screen.

There are already several rumors that the iPad 3rd gen will get a minor refresh. New dock connector to speed integration, new IGZO display to reduce power consumption and thus battery size and be thinner and it will return to the iPad 2's thickness.

So this falls inline with that. iPad (3rd generation) (late 2012) (7.8" and 9.7")
I was referring to the fact that a smaller iPad is shown (I just called it iPad mini (I'm not saying it will be called like that)), and it says "3rd generation". A smaller iPad wouldn't be a third generation iPad.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
I was referring to the fact that a smaller iPad is shown (I just called it iPad mini (I'm not saying it will be called like that)), and it says "3rd generation". A smaller iPad wouldn't be a third generation iPad.
We have 3rd gen (early 2012) and rumored 3rd gen (late 2012) that adds new dock connector, Sharp LCD, and smaller screen variant. It doesn't really seem far fetched.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
We have 3rd gen (early 2012) and rumored 3rd gen (late 2012) that adds new dock connector, Sharp LCD, and smaller screen variant. It doesn't really seem far fetched.
I'm talking about that SMALLER iPad. It says the smaller iPad is also the third generation.

IT IS NOT - Have you seen two generations of smaller iPads? I don't think so.

It'a fake, sorry bud.