Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msasgs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
With all the rumors of the new iPhone what feature are you actually wanting?
I do not care about a fingerprint scanner on my phone- care less I don't even use a security code - now I would want a fingerprint scanner on my macbook for sure. awesome to store credit cards or info in fingerprint scanner folder
I don't care about a 12 megapixel camera i don't need better battery Colors choice is neat but i still use a case anyway.

I WANT A BIGGER SCREEN!!!! that is why I would upgrade from iPhone 5

What everyone else wanting in a new iPhone?

srsub3

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2013
NYC
better battery and better camera. However this is another +1 topic like the thousands here in the forum.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
All i really want is a 16:9 wide angle camera. I really hate having 4:3 pictures on the widescreen iPhone 5, laptop, monitor, tv, etc. For now I'm using Kitcam as a software solution, but a native wide angle sensor would make me very very happy :)

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
The option to get the Aluminium parts coloured on either the black or white model, the screen is perfect. I would never want a phone that looks like a half tablet

Joe HS

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
United Kingdom
Re-quadrupling of the pixels! – Well maybe that's a bit far off.

A 16:9 sensor sounds interesting as would 60 fps video but all together a new camera system should only be one of the features talked about not the whole announcement. What were those lenses called that could re-focus on elements of the photo post-capture? Faster HDR would be astounding; it hasn't really lived up to it's potential as too many photos have moving subjects. Non-destructive (digital) zoom anybody?

A Siri update so when you ask for a video to be taken it actually switches mode in the Camera app instead of just loading the app.
A Siri that talks less too. It's horribly frustrating when he says "Let me check on that" or "Checking my sources" but the answer to your question has already loaded by the time it's on the second word. Siri is your assistant not your friend and doesn't need to remark "Oh, so you like [actor x], do you?" When you ask what movies someone has been in! Just read the list!
While I'm on this subject actually what's with "I found 12 restaurants, 8 are fairly close to you:" – Surely there are more than 12? Why do I need to know about ones that aren't nearby? If the distinction is between walking and driving distances maybe this could be made clearer in some way.

A new audio setup with 4 speakers hidden behind the glass in each corner to provide stereo sound in either orientation (two outputting each channel)? – A setting also for the speaker orientation determination process to ignore orientation lock. A volume rocker like on the 7G nanos (+, centre-click, -) ... like on EarPods too.

Faster speeds I guess? iPhone 5 doesn't have 802.11 AC does it?
Wider LTE support in the UK & Elsewhere.
Lower-powered electronics for longer battery life.

Edit: Fingerprint sensor could be useful but if there isn't one then an option to remove the lockscreen if no password is present would help speed things up too.
So would no bloody screen fading on/off... I'm looking at you iOS7. iPhone is too small for the fading to reduce impact on your eyes – fading is beyond annoying. Displays are welcome to stay fading on/off on Macs.

Actually thinking about it if the 4 speakers were arranged in a diamond formation (still under the glass and directed forward instead of outward like current devices) halfway along each side of the device then in portrait the two speakers near the centre of the device will work, and the two at the ends of the device's long axis will work when in landscape. During the act of rotation the system can work to dynamically adjust volume of each speaker to keep left and right channels equal in volume and correctly oriented to the user at all times. (But as the speakers will all be pretty small the corner placements will allow louder/stronger sound overall as two speakers output each channel at all times during playback). Using all 8 would probably be expensive.

The ability to leave group iMessage conversations.

Last edited:

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Fingerprint scanner. Will really speed up unlocking of device. Better camera - I could care less if it's higher than 8 (no one uses 8 or higher anyways) but would like image stabilization added in. For the iPad, a camera without a lot of zoom would be nice. Removal of home button - make it touch.

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
4 Inch screen (Of course it will. Others are just dreaming)
Fingerprint reader
Better camera
iOS 7 of course
Faster CPU
Improved aluminum body
Improved Gorilla glass
Improved antenna
Improved SIRI

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
microSDXC slot, removable battery, QWERTY slider, bigger screen, sideloading, and FM tuner, for it to be a proper phone.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I'd really like to try a bigger screen. I love the 4" screen on the iPhone 5, but having the choice of 4.5" with same internal specs across the board, apart from maybe battery life, would be great.

I'd also like a battery that doubles/triples the life, but I'm not sure how near we are to that yet.

Apart from that, there isn't much that needs 'upgrading'. I think the camera's fine, the speakers are fine, the PPI is fine. However, other new features like a fingerprint sensor would be great -- in time, even cooler, newer tech may be implemented. iPhone with built in projector, anyone?

MisterB666

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2013
Better battery life - more Siri involvement (enabling more voice interaction) can't think of anything further at the moment.

Noctilux.95

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
LA
I want an iPhone flip phone! :D

I'd like....
4.5" screen
Bigger (1") camera sensor
Better battery life
Finger print detection
Much better Siri
Entry level to start at 32gb

Last edited:

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Frankly, a better battery and more robust quality (eliminating iP5 bending) is all I'm really needing in the next iPhone. Everything else is expected icing on the cake (A7 processor, updated GPU, new global LTE chip, new lower-power wifi chip and sensors, possible fingerprint sensor, etc.). I'd love a bit wider body in order to fit a 4.3" edge-to-edge or further-minimized bezeled screen, but that's simply wishful thinking.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
For 5S? Meh nothing actually i am so satisfied with the 5, its fast enough, takes great pics, and for the build quality its superb, never had an issue.

Now for the 6, i would like a new design, bigger screen(but not bigger than 4.7), and a quad core chip would be nice.

Hook1903

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Better battery life
4.3" screen size with same form factor
Start at 32 gb
IGZO display

Not for 5s,for the 6 of course

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Only one thing could get me to upgrade this year - bigger screen (which won't happen).

I also want my phone to completely replace my wallet but no way that is happening this year. Even if the 5S includes NFC it won't be widely adopted at retailers for another year or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.