New Iphone name? Iphone 4G/5/6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Nov 7, 2011.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Anybody think it "may" be called Iphone 4G rather than six? There's talk about them going 4G.

I can't see them calling it "Iphone 6" when there was no Iphone 5. They could easily call it Iphone 5 as it's a proper update the 4S could have been but surely the cycle will be 5, 5S, 6, 6S?

Even though it has IOS6 and A6 they could easily just market it as duel core, IOS 5.10 or something?

You can be assured if it was called Iphone 6 there would be lots of people saying well where was the Iphone 5? If they wanted to call it Iphone 6 they would have called the S Iphone 5 to avoid confusion.

Thoughts? (Seen alot of people of late calling it Iphone 6 despite people after the 4S launch talking Iphone5).

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I really don't care what they call it
    It is the next iPhone
    A rose by any other name and all

3. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I heard it's going to be called the iPhone LVI, because Steve Jobs was 56 when he died.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

5. julianbdavis macrumors member

julianbdavis

Maybe eventually it'll become like the iMac, or MacBook lines. Always the same name, just updated from time to time. I think they've got the basic form factor down. There won't be any radical changes except maybe a slight tweak in the overall size because of a bigger screen. I'm even hesitant to say that though because I think Jobs and Ive agreed on the generally optimal size for a phone based on human ergonomics. And Apple is one of those companies that will tell its customers, no you don't actually want a bigger phone, this size is perfect. Which I happen to agree with. I wouldn't want anything bigger, already have a Laptop and a Dekstop. I want my phone to be highly portable. I think Apple offers the iPad and MBA which are the next logical step up. In between the current iPhone and the iPad size is a sort of no-man's land where you have the worst of all possible characteristics.

So iPhone {3/4/(S)...} might eventually coalesce into just "iPhone".