New iPhone, New Contract: Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Aug 13, 2012.

?

Which carrier would you choose?

1. AT&T

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Verizon

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Sprint

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Some other Carrier or Neither

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

I have a chance to start fresh with my contract expired. For everyone out there, if you could start fresh or are starting fresh, or based on experience with your current carrier with the upcoming release of the new iPhone 5, would you go with AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint? I must admit I am leaning towards AT&T or Verizon simply because I've heard good things about them, but I have personally have been on none of the 3 carriers above and wanted to get everyone elses opinion. Has anyone gone with a carrier they thought was good, but ended up not being as great? Anyone staying with their current carrier? Anyone jumping from their current carrier to another? Anyone wish they could jump to one of the three? Any opinions are welcome.

2. HFields macrumors newbie

I have been an AT&T customer since they acquired my previous provider Cingular. I have continually been impressed with customer service. Also my employer has a discount availabile for both AT&T and Verizon which is nice.

The thing that I believe sealed the deal and ensured id stick with At&t for the foreseeable future was a text message I recieved alerting me that I had exceeded my family plan minutes by several hours and could have substantial overage charges over $100. My wife ran through all of our rollover minutes before I noticed.

They advised to check my plan and adjust it to prevent overages. I was able to retroactively change my shared minutes pool and increase it by $15-20 I believe to save over $100.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you get an at&t phone, you can unlock after two years and move to straight talk, t-mobile, etc.
    If you get a verizon or sprint phone, you're pretty much stuck, although it's easier to unlock for international use pretty early into your contract.
    Depending on where you live, one of these providers might provide the most awesome service. Even though Verizon's data is slower, they may still be more reliable in some areas.
    Check if your job offers a discount with a provider. The discount can be a boon and it's one of the reasons I stick with at&t. I pay $56/mo (including tax) for 450 mins and unlimited data. Since I get one or two texts from telemarketers, I sometimes have to pay an extra $0.40.

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Going to go Verizon again their LTE coverage is hard to ignore.

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

What we say is irrelevent. What matters is who has good coverage in your area. If either AT&T or Verizon has LTE where you live and the other doesn't, that is your answer. If you have a particular need for unlimited data even if it's slow then Sprint is your answer.