new iPhone screen by Sharp: Made in Japan?

Sampple

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Sharp's screens on their TVs made for the USA market
are produced on the Japanese mainland and then sent to other countries for assembly.

So will the screens for the new iPhone be produced
on the actual Japanese mainland?

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Not all.
As a parent, I won't be risking it though,
even if some experts tell me there is zero risk.
You do know there are detectors that can measure radiation - even small amounts ? It will not happen. Paranoid much OP ?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Not all.
As a parent, I won't be risking it though,
even if some experts tell me there is zero risk.
...but you let them use a cell phone that WORKS by radiation? :eek:

Irrational fear: Just think what would happen if they renamed microwave oven a radiation oven?:D

Last edited:

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
A coal power plant emits more radiation than a nuclear plant. Most of the world is still powered by coal. That's your fun fact for the day, OP.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I have no words... seriously. I...

Yeah.

There's a lot more radiation around you than you realize.

RocketRed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2012
I guess OP lives in a wooden house in the middle of a forest, far away from civilization.

Probably never used a microwave, a cell phone or a compute- never mind.

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
Sad to ask but no radiation ( cesium ) concerns?
:confused: Its a rough time for them already, and you have to rub it in by asking whether there is caesium in the alleged Sharp iPhone displays which to me is a indirectly showing ignorance of the situation.

And no. It will baffle me how caesium manages to get into the production of LCD displays.'

onener

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Certainly

Certainly... As after Chernobyl anything in the range of about 80km gets contaminated (including raw materials stored outside) and will finish anywhere in the value
chain - including screens... border checks are useless as there are no efficient instruments for detection for the mass market today.

have a look at this

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1439836&highlight=radioactive

and similar....

I'd never buy anything made in japan or by Sharp currently (remember that the real situation of chernobyl has only been known about 4-5 years later, in Japan I guess it will be even later).