New iPhone -- what should I check

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gaanee, Jan 4, 2014.

1. gaanee macrumors 6502a

So today finally I upgraded from 3GS to 5s. What and how should I check to make sure everything is good.. dead pixel, tint/color shade, camera..
    Are there any standard ways to check for this?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Turn it on. Can you see the screen? Does it make calls? Take pictures? Does it connect to wifi, bluetooth? If so, it's good.

3. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes.. the basic things I have already checked. Want to check for the subtle details now, like the screen and camera quality, speakers... I read about different tints on the screen. If I had to, then I can return it within 3 days.
    Also, how do I get the iWorks suit?

4. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

As for those subtle details, that's all up to your discretion. If it operates fine, then don't worry about it compared to anyone else'.

For iWorks suite you should be able to go into the App store and download them. I read about some people not being able to for whatever reasons and if that happens for you, just do a quick search on here and you should find an answer.

5. chabig macrumors 68040

If it works for you, keep it. Don't look for reasons to hate it.

6. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Wow, what a upgrade. That's HUGE. It's almost like when I went from a dumb phone to the first iphone... I know you've noticed a big difference OP?

7. I7guy macrumors G5

You need some quality time with it. I would not install a lot of apps at the beginning until you get a feel for the phone.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

You should be able to visually see if there are any dead pixels...

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

The phone will tell you if you want to download iWork suite. Yes, it does that.

11. RokkenRock macrumors member

Do you have to return it in three days? I thought the standard is 14 days. Anyway, I just want to say don't bother yourself with the details and just use the phone. If you find anything you are not comfortable with, return it. If not, I doubt you will bother with anything others keep beating drums about.

12. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Holy crap, thats quite a jump. :eek:

13. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Just use it. If there are problems you'll find them. No sense in worrying over problems that don't exist.