New iPhone -- what should I check

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
So today finally I upgraded from 3GS to 5s. What and how should I check to make sure everything is good.. dead pixel, tint/color shade, camera..
Are there any standard ways to check for this?

chabig

macrumors 604
Sep 6, 2002
Turn it on. Can you see the screen? Does it make calls? Take pictures? Does it connect to wifi, bluetooth? If so, it's good.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Yes.. the basic things I have already checked. Want to check for the subtle details now, like the screen and camera quality, speakers... I read about different tints on the screen. If I had to, then I can return it within 3 days.
Also, how do I get the iWorks suit?

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Yes.. the basic things I have already checked. Want to check for the subtle details now, like the screen and camera quality, speakers... I read about different tints on the screen. If I had to, then I can return it within 3 days.
As for those subtle details, that's all up to your discretion. If it operates fine, then don't worry about it compared to anyone else'.

For iWorks suite you should be able to go into the App store and download them. I read about some people not being able to for whatever reasons and if that happens for you, just do a quick search on here and you should find an answer.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
So today finally I upgraded from 3GS to 5s. What and how should I check to make sure everything is good.. dead pixel, tint/color shade, camera..
Are there any standard ways to check for this?
Wow, what a upgrade. That's HUGE. It's almost like when I went from a dumb phone to the first iphone... I know you've noticed a big difference OP?

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
The phone will tell you if you want to download iWork suite. Yes, it does that.

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
Do you have to return it in three days? I thought the standard is 14 days. Anyway, I just want to say don't bother yourself with the details and just use the phone. If you find anything you are not comfortable with, return it. If not, I doubt you will bother with anything others keep beating drums about.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Just use it. If there are problems you'll find them. No sense in worrying over problems that don't exist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.