New Iphone3g and a couple of questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isianto, Jan 18, 2009.

1. isianto macrumors regular

Dear all,
    I'm from Indonesia, my very good friend just bought me an iphone3g from Hongkong.
    After playing for 2 days, I'm very satisfied with the iphone, I have only a couple of questions:
    1. I knew from the news, that the HK iphone is a "legally" unlock one, does it means that I can upgrade the firmware without any fear it will lock my iphone?
    2. I got a problem with callerid, bassically in Indonesia, when you receive a call from a handphone it will have a prefix of +62, and if from landline it will have a prefix of +6221. my conditions right now if I didn't put those prefixes on the contact then it will not display a contact name. Is there any workarround with it?
    3. I found a free program from app store (I believe contact share) that allow me to send contact as an attachment of email. is there any application that allow me to send contact via sms?
    4. I also try to find an application that allow me to do the following: putting files into my iphone from my mac, and then be able to use it as an attachment to send via email. Is there any program like that?
    Thanks all

2. isianto thread starter macrumors regular

3. sparkyms macrumors 65816

if it's "legally" unlocked then yes, you can upgrade firmware with no problems.

I have no idea how you can remedy the Caller ID problem

As far as I am aware you cannot send contacts via SMS

You can't send attachments other than photos via emails, unless they are forwards.