New Iphone4 just show a battery with a little red line

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dkid01, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Dkid01 macrumors newbie

Iphone4 is dead at the moment...I was on internet on the iphone when it said that my battery had less than 10% so, I spent all charge and connected it to the wall charger (turned off completely). I figured I just had to let it be for a few hours on the wall charger, when I did that, on the Iphone appeared a just a battery with a little red line.

The next day in the morning I find out that the iphone had the same picture and had not charged 1 bit!

I restarted it (pressed the power and home buttons to force it to shut down and turned it on again) and nothing, same picture. I took out the charger and put it back, nothing, same picture (it would even turn off if I didn't put the charger back in right away).

When I tried to restore it, I could, but after restore the image on the iphone is the same (a battery with a little red line).

Please Help!!!! What can I do? :confused:

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Take it back to Apple and get it exchanged for one that works correctly.

3. triptyx macrumors member

triptyx

4. Dkid01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted to say "spent the whole of the battery charge"... sorry I'm not an english speaker.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I had this problem once with a 3G on a wall charger. Charging on USB fixed it.

6. Dkid01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tryed with USB too, actually I've been used two USB originals, but nothing.
    I found a video with similar problem, but without solution :(

http://youtu.be/EYeXgDRX_l4

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It’s possible you just have a bad battery. Take it to Apple.

In the meantime, you could try a DFU restore (see my sig).

8. triptyx macrumors member

triptyx

That's ok, I'm sure your English is far better than my abilities in your native language.

Be careful fully expending the charge on modern batteries. Some common battery types can actually be damaged by completely expending their charge. I don't think that's what happened here, but it is something to be careful of. :)

9. Dkid01 thread starter macrumors newbie

No news yet. Well my cousin will take back to USA the Iphone. I hope Apple fix the problem or they give him a new one. I lost the AT&T microSim card, this could be a problem with the warranty or not? The iPhoe4 was bought without a plan, directly at Apple.

10. Dkid01 thread starter macrumors newbie

:):) Well finally Apple changed the iPhone (never said what happened).

:apple: Advise: Please dont lose your microSim card, you could have problem with Apple. They said to my cousin, that they made an exception, giving to him a new iPhone.