New iphone5 had contacts and messages from Apple employee

walmartiphone5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
I just bought a new iPhone5 from Walmart and when I activated my phone I could see a list of contacts I could not recognize and I already had some messages from people I dont know. After checking the details in some of the contacts they appear to be from Apple employee because they had *@apple.com domain as their email address.

Has anyone experienced this thing? Also there is no reset button on my settings so cannot reset the phone.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
That happened once with an iPad my work bought – it was still shrink wrapped, but someone else's account had been logged in. I'd just restore it.

Settings > General > Reset

Or restore it in iTunes.

Comment

g.c.

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2007
Settings>General>Reset(all the way at the bottom)>Erase All Content and Settings

Comment

walmartiphone5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
Interestingly there is no "Reset" under settings>General>

This looks like some one (apple employee) definitely tested it for some days, as I can see from the messages and photos.

Comment

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
It's abit fishy here, I think they definetly used your phone

Comment

Killa k

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Sometimes we have demos that are pre loaded with all this stuff, the phones are still brand new but for demo purposes, so u might have got a demo phone, nothing to worry about.

Comment

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Not even at the very bottom of the General settings :(. I searched for the reset button everywhere, but it is not there.
It sounds like a demonstration firmware that doesn't have GUI option for performing resets. Just put it in DFU mode or perform a reset in iTunes.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.