New iPhones less durable than iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by McPc, Sep 22, 2013.

1. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I plan on simply using a case so this companies opinion means little, if anything, to me.

3. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

Strange. The 5s is just like 5. What about variance in the testing-process? Maybe last year the 5 fel half a degree differently. Maybe the planets were more aligned or BS like this. Such tests don't prove anything unless propperly done in a series to reduce variance. And for each test they should have taken a new phone, which I highly doubt they did.

I've no details on how they tested but to me it sounds like the cheap drop-tests on youtube. Where they do different tests with the same, priorly damaged device.

To me it's only sensational crap news, all based on luck.

No surprise though, that the 5c slides better but it also might swim better, who knows.

Sounds like BS to me unless they explain how they tested.

4. Macinva macrumors 6502

Macinva

I have a feeling that article is complete crap and it's only there to generate web traffic.

5. Jsketch macrumors member

Yahoo would never do that.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

If there was any reliability in this experiment, it would have to be repeated a numerous amount of time, which I highly doubt they did.

Just link bait - nothing to see here.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

8. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

So I'm going to assume they dropped 100's of each model of phones, right? Because otherwise I don't care if you use a "robot" to do the drops, you can't get accurate data from dropping 1 or 2 phones.

In other words, this is click bait.

EDIT: Talk about getting ninja'd right? Even the exact same paragraph format. Except in this case it's even worse.. I was 30 minutes late with my identical response because I only read the OP. :p

9. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Never! :p