New iPhones on display

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by socbrian, Sep 17, 2013.

1. socbrian macrumors regular

When do the 5c and 5s go on display at ATT / Apple? I would think like a week or two after launch? I didn't know if there was a pattern from previous launches. Thanks!

2. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Why would they wait a week or two to put out new models for people to play with? That makes no sense.

3. SHAWNYMAC macrumors member

4. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I know it's not realistic, but it would really help us early adopters pick a darn color if they had them out a week BEFORE launch!

Space grey or silver??!?!!!??!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5. socbrian thread starter macrumors regular

So when they have none left to sell they won't have to field questions about, why can't I just buy the one on display.

6. Munitalp macrumors 65816

They get tons of people asking for iPhones once they sell out anyway... no real difference. Obviously they want to display the new product in their store.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Because they're the display models. :D

I chatted with a couple Apple reps in-store last night; one of them talked about taking the overnight shift Thursday night getting the store ready (stock handling, setting up new displays, etc). She was glad she'd be leaving at 5am.

Interestingly, they alluded to having two separate lines. One would be for people lining up to buy, whom they'd let into the store one at a time to complete the purchase; the other being for in-store pickup of online orders. No idea if they truly knew what they were talking about or were just guessing.

8. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Apple NEVER sells floor models. They run modified software for demos.