New iPod In Early August?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Think Secret reports they have a confirmed source regarding smaller, sleeker iPods to be released in the first few weeks of August, prior to Apple's Expo Paris beginning August 31. The new models are expected to come in a variety of colors, including purple, orange, and yellow. Design is said to be similar to the iPod Mini, although retaining features only available on the current full-sized iPod.

Pricing is expected to remain somewhat constant with current levels.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
Of course there are new iPod's coming. I just traded up from a 30gb to a 40gb last week. I'm not complaining though, I need bigger than 40gb. (Damn you Apple Lossless!)

I look forward to seeing what they might look like. One that looks aluminum (I'm assuming an actual aluminum iPod is impractical for some reason) thereby matching the G5 and PB's would be be very cool. I'd pick that one up.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Yeah! isn't that cool?

Wait for me big silver iPod... blue? green? ... I'd be happy with bigger HD and could stick by white, but colors are welcome if my next iMac, of course G5 ;), matches the iPod, time to look for the credit card... :rolleyes:

Soire

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2004
Garden State
Yea that would make sense, I just bought a 40 gig engraved one two weeks ago after waiting for new ones for 3 months.

:( :mad:

vpalvarez

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2004
Foxer said:
Of course there are new iPod's coming. I just bought a 40gb last week. They sound like they could be cool, though. I look forward to seeing what they might look like.
I've been waiting for a new ipod to come out before I buy one. Sorry About you misfortune. The next time you buy an Apple product post, and then everyone will know that a revision is iminent.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
hmmm... let the 'i just bought one...' complaining commence ;)

(just teasin'!)

it's about time for a revamp of the iPod. i bought a 15gig from somebody on the forum about two months ago- i love it. excited to see what the new ones will like like! hopefully even smaller/slimmer? :D

Raveny

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2003
I hope the new "big" ipod has some new features. I don't need a bigger capacity ipod mini!

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
cool

different colors sounds nice.
I want an orange one.
I bought my 20gig about 3 months ago.
I was so frustrated about waiting for the G5 rev b I had to buy something from apple.
I love it, but orange… :rolleyes:

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
I honestly, truly, sincerely, and emphatically hope that they do not eliminate the white model. The white color is what makes the iPod so noticable. They have built a huge campaign on the color contrast (black figures, white iPod). I hope, I hope, I hope.

condor

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2004
Shoot, I was just getting ready to order a PowerBook and iPod using the Cram and Jam promotion. That offer expires September 25. Now I think I will wait until August to see what comes...

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
Wait...there was no mention about the Video out?

I wish.

We shall see.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
The only important feature they can add to the iPod is better battery life. I don't care how cool the new model is... if it doesn't have better battery life (like double), I really don't care.

macguymike

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2003
California
mrsebastian said:
keep it coming apple! i'll be very interested to see if they will also be adding a color screen finally?!
Nope. This will be just like when Nintendo intro'd the Game Boy Color that had a color casing, but still no color display. :p

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
macguymike said:
Nope. This will be just like when Nintendo intro'd the Game Boy Color that had a color casing, but still no color display. :p
...What a tease that Nintendo was...

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
Well, you can kiss off getting the COLOR you want AND the SIZE you want -- all together. It won't happen. If they had 3 sizes and 5 colors, that's 15 combinations -- then for everyone to get want they want, a store might have to stock 5 of each kind (45 ipods)... no store BUT APPLE will have that many choices on hand for people to get what they want.

Lucky me,... I'll get stuck with a 10GB PINK -- when I really wanted a 60GB SILVER.

:(

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Sounds like just what I'd hope for. The Mini's controls are a lot better after all.

A white plastic case as an option alongside the metal ones might be nice--I like white. But I'd still buy Al, knowing how amazingly durable my AlBook has been.

Odd thing from ThinkSecret: they say the new iPods will GRADUALLY replace the current models. Weird... so this is like an "iPod Medium"?

Or maybe they're just hearing that old models are expected to be on sale for a while until they're gone. Or... maybe the old iPod is here to stay at a lower price... and only from HP!

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
gwuMACaddict said:
not me... i hope they keep the iPod mp3 only, and bring back the newton or something if you want all that other jazzy stuff...
Initiate CAPS....

CAPS Initiated...

THERE WILL NEVER BE A NEWTON. IT IS DEAD.

CAPS Off.

I hope for video in the iPod someday, but there will be no Newton.

There will be a swiss army knife that pops out of the side of the iPod before there is a Newton.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
realityisterror said:
i wish they could keep the smaller size drives for lower prices... like having 10/20/40/60...
I think mfrs. tend to just drop the smaller "old" sizes: they hardly cost less than the new larger sizes that keep coming out. If only an older 10 GB drive component cost half of a new 20 GB! But I've heard that's not the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.