New iTMS Localizations Tuesday?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Think Secret says the the iTunes Music Store should have an October 26th rollout into several European countries, as well as Australia and other venues. Various MacRumors readers report that the iTMS is currently unavailable for browsing from their countries today, suggesting the localizations for them may be just around the corner. Those reports include Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, and Canada, with users being greeted with a new message stating "iTMS is not available in your country yet.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
Let us know

If you live in another country and are being met with this new message, please submit it to us and we'll add it to the list.

Thanks -
Mudbug

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Nice... now I can send gift certificates to other EU countries... I'd like to welcome Austria to the club... go apple!

the_mole1314

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Akron, OH
I'm at school now and I can't get in the store! AHAHA!!!!

I'm getting the iTMS 400 error.

I think we'll see a new and improved iTMS, like we did between the Mac and PC versions. More options, more everything (subscription service?)

Could we see a subscription service? I mean they are going to announc the 48k accPLUS, so why not?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Since Apple has told investors that it will expand the Music Store into other countries in October, it's hard to believe that they won't make this move now.

Docrjm

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2003
Mudbug said:
If you live in another country and are being met with this new message, please submit it to us and we'll add it to the list.

Thanks -
Mudbug
In Canada unable to Browse Music Stores and get the message that it is unavailable.
At last it looks as though we can all play, prob by tomorrow. :D

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
I get the "The iTunes Music Store is not available in your country yet." message... When I click on OK, I come to the flag page, and when I click on any flag (tried all four) I'm returned back to the "The iTunes Music Store is not available in your country yet." message.

What's up with that?

(I'm in Norway)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Cool, I submitted this to MacRumors and it actually got posted on Page 1! :cool:

Hopefully this is indeed a sign of things to come - we'll know tomorrow for sure, I'm hoping... <fingers crossed>

HoserHead

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2003
My question is: Is anybody who doesn't currently have the iTMS in their country not getting the country confirmation screens that don't let you browse the Store's front page?

isgoed

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2003
yup, the Netherlands also

iTunes said:
The iTunes Music Store is not available in your country yet. […]
Dutch hardware site tweakers.net already reported that dutch songs and artists are available for download in the USA/French/German/UK music store.

TopGear

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2002
.––. .–. .– ––. ..– .
Got to be a mistake, but...

I'm in the Czech Republic, and for the fist time I didn't get an error message when I tried to browse the store. It let me go right in there: no "Not available in your country yet," nothing. It looks like I can purchase songs with no problem.

WTF?

ferratus

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
I can't believe Apple would come to Canada. I've only been suffering for a year and a half or so now, which is clearly not enough.

Probably a mistake for Canada. I expect Western Sahara and Yemen to get it before us. I'm not even sure Steve knows what Canada is ?

HoserHead

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2003
TopGear said:
Yeah, me, in the Czech Republic.
In the past, after a few "Not available in your country yet" screens, I am allowed right in to the front page of the store and it looks like I can buy music - but I can't even sign up for an account since I'm not in the States.

The "not available" screen always reappears after quitting and re-launching iTunes, though. In fact, last night the "not available" screen had stopped appearing for me, but one of my friends mentioned to me that he couldn't get past the confirmation screen, and so I quit and re-launched iTunes and came up against the same "can't say ok" infinite loop of screens as everybody else.

So, if you quit and re-launch, is it the same?

Mindfield

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2003
Tally ho, Finland here! Not being able to browse the songs and the flags and all.

Toodle pip! :)

williamsonrg

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2004
Denver, CO
"Other countries are fine, but I want an iTMS specialized for my specific region with the US. For example, the St. Louis store would feature lots of songs by Nelly and country artists. The store in Portland would have angry hippy music and audiobooks by Chuck Pahlanuk. C'mon Apple...." he said tongue-in-cheek.

Brian Haworth

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA, USA
I've consulted with a friend in Austria and a friend in Australia, and the messages they get when trying to visit the iTMS are identical. When they click Okay, they get sent to the four flags. If they click any store, they get sent back to the error message.
However, my Austrian friend can browse the store by using the search box.

HoserHead

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2003
Brian Haworth said:
I've consulted with a friend in Austria and a friend in Australia, and the messages they get when trying to visit the iTMS are identical. When they click Okay, they get sent to the four flags. Here's where it differs. My Australian friend gets kicked back to the error page if he tries to pick a store, and my Austrian friend doesn't. He is allowed to browse, but probably not purchase.
Now that is interesting. It seems to me that there may be a correlation between what happens after the flag and whether there will be a store for that area tomorrow.

Can anybody from the Netherlands comment on what happens? AppleInsider is reporting that Dutch content has been added to the music store recently, so it seems likely they'll be "in" tomorrow.

vonFinkelstien

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Örebro, Sweden
Sweden!!!

Yes, I have the same message (and get kicked back into the message pages after trying a flag).

I will be demonstrating the iTMS to my students at the "Rock High School" (a private high school for young musicians) on Wednesday. They won't quit their file sharing ways, but maybe they'll think iTunes is a cool program and will stop using Media Player.

Iroganai

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2003
In japan, I get the message as the jpg file shows.

If you click ok, you'll be taken to the flag page.
And, whatever you choose the flag, you'll be back at the same warning page.
You can enter the store by clicking first
the eye button and double-clicking some of the genre, however.

Attachments

Brian Haworth

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA, USA
HoserHead said:
Now that is interesting. It seems to me that there may be a correlation between what happens after the flag and whether there will be a store for that area tomorrow.

Can anybody from the Netherlands comment on what happens? AppleInsider is reporting that Dutch content has been added to the music store recently, so it seems likely they'll be "in" tomorrow.
Correction, I was mistaken.