new itunes user, question about grabbing music from other peoples shares.

dfinn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
i brought my new ibook into my office today. i started up itunes and noticed that some other people in my office have itunes sharing turned on. i'm able to listen to all their music. what I wanted to know is if there is any way to copy their music to my hard drive so that I could burn it to a cd. It appears that itunes itself won't let me, is there any other apps out there or itunes hacks that would allow me to do this?

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
dfinn said:
i brought my new ibook into my office today. i started up itunes and noticed that some other people in my office have itunes sharing turned on. i'm able to listen to all their music. what I wanted to know is if there is any way to copy their music to my hard drive so that I could burn it to a cd. It appears that itunes itself won't let me, is there any other apps out there or itunes hacks that would allow me to do this?
Yes, but since it's illegal, we're really not supposed to talk about it on these forums.

dfinn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
wordmunger said:
Yes, but since it's illegal, we're really not supposed to talk about it on these forums.
ok, well I don't want to get in trouble or get anyone else in trouble. uh, could someone PM me the details or email me at dan_j_finn [at] yahoo.com

thanks
dan