New Jersey arts festival: One shooter dead, 20 injured

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by chagla, Jun 17, 2018.

1. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

Citing BBC,

https://www.bbc.com/news/44513457

excerpt,

another day, another shooting. is this acceptable way of life in America? wear body armor everywhere? don't you get sick and tired of thoughts and prayers? how about doing something in the first place so that you don't have to keep praying?

life is sacred until child birth, what's being done to provide the child a good life? i don't mean to derail the conversation from gun issue to abortion but it's related. seems like way to subjugate women further.

2. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Perhaps you should read a couple fo the follow up articles. This was apparently a neighborhood beef that went out of control. LINK

3. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

4. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I feel like animosity has grown in our country. People are lashing out.

There are multiple reasons but even without a gun, these people will still be just as disgruntled.

5. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

6. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Does that somehow make it better?
    I don't quite follow your logic here.

20 injured, 1 dead.

Do these things only matter to you if there is some political/religious motivation behind it?

7. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

So? Its still a shooting that hurt innocent people?

8. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

It matters to me why people are doing these things. We can take away every weapon in the world but it isn't fixing anything.

Like how there are more deaths from illegal opioids than legal ones. You take things away but don't solve the underlying problem, and it will just continue to escalate.

9. Vanilla Ice, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018

Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

What I’m sick and tired of are these threads. Attacking gun owners and people who pray, but not give a **** about the person that committed the crime. We have gun laws in America that’s not going to stop a mad man from committing murder. But hey I’ll make it easy for everyone that’s anti 2A, blood is on your hands NRA!....

BD6169C8-6E58-4DD7-BAEC-C13F8BB25A99.jpeg

Yeah, what she said.

10. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

There are general disagreements that escalate in to violence be it sticks, knives, bats, guns, etc... and then there are events that look to utilize the most damaging form with intent to kill/maim. Your original comment read like an obvious intent to place this into the latter category. Disingenuous and inflammatory.

See comment above :cool:
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2018 ---
    Nicely said.