Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zim

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
I recently accepted a part time job in Boston and am expected to be there by 8am. I am traveling from Bourne. Does anyone have ideas as to what time I should leave? I was thinking of giving myself 2 hours of travel time. The job is over near the MFA area. My GPS is telling me to go through Milton vs. taking the direct route up the highway... not so sure about going that direction since I don't know the roads.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
If you're in Bourne,I would take 6A to the Sagamore Bridge and go up Route 3 to the Expressway and into the city that way..Two hours should be plenty of time..Unless it snows...

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
I own a summer house in Barnstable and I commute from Braintree, but only in the summer except to check on it a few times throughout winter. Around 7AM traffic going into Boston usually isn't that bad on 93 north. Lately, though, it seems like there is always traffic. If you go 495 and 24, expect traffic at the Rt 24 split and again at the Braintree plaza. Likewise Rt 3 always has traffic in the morning just past Hanover. I would give myself two hours to start and then time yourself and adjust as needed.

Good luck at your new job.
Steve

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
**** driving the expressway during rush hour.

Drive up to Quincy and take the T.

zim

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Thanks for the advice! I was thinking of doing 495 to 24 but rt 3 is starting to sound much nicer.

I will be teaching a class at MassArt (part time visiting lecturer). The class goes from 8 till 1, one day a week. I should only have to deal with commuting traffic in the morning.

Originally I was going to do the T but I like the idea of being able to get out and just driving straight home without the hassle of getting on and off the train.

Good luck at your new job.
Steve

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.