New Kenwwod car stereo works great with iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tagy, Dec 28, 2008.

1. tagy macrumors regular

I have been searching for a new headunit that would allow me to control the iPhone from the headunit controls and also charge the iPhone.

Seem like there is alot of confusion about which headunits work and which will charge the iPhone 3G.

I went for the KDC-W6041U I have just tried it and it works great, it charges the iPhone 3G and I can select playlists/songs etc on the headunit, so my iPhone can stay in the glove box.

Just letting anyone else wondering which headunit to go for know that this one works fine.

[​IMG]

ps KDC-W6041U is I believe the European model number they have differnt model numbers in the USA.

2. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Do the Album/Artist/Song get displayed on the head unit?

3. tagy thread starter macrumors regular

yes, you can select album, artist, songs, playlists, & podcasts on the headunit.

Then you scroll through an A - Z list of the selected option.

The only problem is it can take a long time to scroll through your song list for example, and there does not seem to be a quick way to jump to a letter.

But it is not a problem for me as I dont have that much music, and tend to use playlists.

Btw I got it from ebay, about £90 delivered.

4. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Cheers for the heads up, that looks neat. What happens if you get a call? does the sound come through the speakers?

5. tagy thread starter macrumors regular

No if you get a call while listening to the Iphone the music just fades out and you must answer it in the normal way.

Of course if you have a bluetooth handsfree you can still answer it without taking it out the glovebox.

6. iboost79 macrumors member

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113HD942U/Kenwood-KDC-HD942U.html?tp=5684

For US users, this model is just fricking ridiculous. I mean, I paid full retail price on this unit and haven't looked back. I'm sure you can score one on eBay for about 30% less than retail, but I just couldn't wait. If you want the best setup up for your iPhone 3G in your car for under $300, than look no further. Oh, it alos has built-in HD Radio, which will cost you another $200 from the dealership.